Hacking hard drive using Usb Pro v2

dcboyz22

Oct 26, 2012
Keene, NH
Hey everyone,

I have been doing some reading and cant seem to find an answer. I want to buy a 250 gb western digital hard drive and convert it into a Xbox 360 drive. My problem is that I saw the product "hdd hacker" on team xecuter website (http://team-xecuter.com/xecuter-x360usb-pro-hdd-hacker-tool-released/) but cannot seem to find it anywhere. Well, my question is this: Can I use the Usb Pro v2 to connect a 2.5" Western Digital drive to my computer and convert it into a Xbox hard drive as long as I get the correct files off of my other drive? Or is this not possible and I have to own this HDD Hacker tool which I cannot seem to find. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.

madhaxer

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2012
Arkansas USA
The adapter was never released, so you have to have a way to power the drive while the sata slot is hooked to your usbpro v2, there are different ways of doing this, I converted a slim hard drive cable to use for this myself. And you will want to make sure if you are using a 250gb you use the 250gb file on the hard drive.

Reactions: dcboyz22

dcboyz22

Oct 26, 2012
Keene, NH
The adapter was never released, so you have to have a way to power the drive while the sata slot is hooked to your usbpro v2, there are different ways of doing this, I converted a slim hard drive cable to use for this myself. And you will want to make sure if you are using a 250gb you use the 250gb file on the hard drive.
I was thinking that this was the reason I could not find it but it is good to know. I can easily hook up the hard drive and power it so I shall see if I can get this to work :)

Slayertex6

VIP Member
Jan 30, 2011
Galveston, Texas
All you need to do is put hddhackr and hddss.bin file on a dos bootable usb with the hdd hooked up to your pc like a normal hdd. Boot from the usb, type hddhackr, and select the right hdd.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Good luck doing that with an x360usb pro :p

Why reboot if the USB does it in your current OS?

socalbill

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
Valhalla
Just follow the tut http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63922

I've converted many WD drives with the x360usb and Hacker Tool software

If you're using a desktop, obviously you're using a sata power connector to power your x360usb v2. Just use a second one to power the hdd. Or if you have a spare PSU around, you can short the green and black wires in the ATX connector so it turns on, and you can use the power connectors on it.

Reactions: paddymitch

dcboyz22

Oct 26, 2012
Keene, NH
Just follow the tut http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63922

I've converted many WD drives with the x360usb and Hacker Tool software

If you're using a desktop, obviously you're using a sata power connector to power your x360usb v2. Just use a second one to power the hdd. Or if you have a spare PSU around, you can short the green and black wires in the ATX connector so it turns on, and you can use the power connectors on it.
Awesome. This is what I was looking for. I knew it was possible but didn't know how. This could make my life a whole lot easier.

A second thought is that why can't I just take a 64 or 120 gb usb drive and convert it to fat 32 and use that in my xbox? I know that the fiile limitation on fat 32 is 32gb but I swear I had seen that with the proper software more gb can be used.