Having Trouble Identifying My Motherboard Prior to a Demon Install

jdoe91011

VIP Member
Nov 18, 2013
Hi guys,

I recently succeeded in installing an RJTAG into my PHAT BB 512 Jasper, and am now starting a new project. I am about to install a DemoN and a slim Proto V2 into my Slim. However, I am having trouble identifying which motherboard I have, I looked at the identification chart, but was unable to come to a conclusion from it. My Slim has a manufacture date of 12/19/2011, it has a matte black finish and came with a 250GB hard drive. However, I did not buy this new (I got it off Ebay). The DemoN chip does not line up with the solder points on the bottom of the motherboard, and it seems I need to use the Corona 16MB Conversion QSB, which I have, but I'm not sure those solder points line up perfectly either. Also, I'm not sure if the Motherboard has the Post_Out or not, as I haven't removed the heat sink, and do not want to if I don't have to. I was hoping to be able to determine this from other identifying markers on the board. I do have the Post Fix Adapter if I need it though. Although this Slim came with a 250GB Hard Drive, I'm worried it was originally a 4GB model with the drive added afterwards, and thus not compatible with the DemoN. Can you guys tell from these pictures and help me out with identifying this board and whether I can put the DemoN in it or not? Also, one more question, does it matter which I install first, the Demon or the Slim Proto V2? I was going to do the DemoN first. View attachment 24181View attachment 24182View attachment 24183

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
Hi guys,

I recently succeeded in installing an RJTAG into my PHAT BB 512 Jasper, and am now starting a new project. I am about to install a DemoN and a slim Proto V2 into my Slim. However, I am having trouble identifying which motherboard I have, I looked at the identification chart, but was unable to come to a conclusion from it. My Slim has a manufacture date of 12/19/2011, it has a matte black finish and came with a 250GB hard drive. However, I did not buy this new (I got it off Ebay). The DemoN chip does not line up with the solder points on the bottom of the motherboard, and it seems I need to use the Corona 16MB Conversion QSB, which I have, but I'm not sure those solder points line up perfectly either. Also, I'm not sure if the Motherboard has the Post_Out or not, as I haven't removed the heat sink, and do not want to if I don't have to. I was hoping to be able to determine this from other identifying markers on the board. I do have the Post Fix Adapter if I need it though. Although this Slim came with a 250GB Hard Drive, I'm worried it was originally a 4GB model with the drive added afterwards, and thus not compatible with the DemoN. Can you guys tell from these pictures and help me out with identifying this board and whether I can put the DemoN in it or not? Also, one more question, does it matter which I install first, the Demon or the Slim Proto V2? I was going to do the DemoN first. View attachment 24181View attachment 24182View attachment 24183
its def a dual nandable corona :) just check for post or not so u can buy postfix if needed.i personally install demons first,and make sure they read/write fine,then i proceed with v2 install.looks to be a v3 corona to me.so will def need postfix.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdoe91011

jdoe91011

VIP Member
Nov 18, 2013
Great, thank you for the reply. I have the Post Fix adapter so that shouldn't be a problem. I posted pictures showing the DemoN Corona QSB V2 placed (not soldered yet) where it's supposed to go (I think), but in relation to this, I can't see where the Demon is supposed to go so it is flush against the board; there just doesn't seem to be a place for it now. This is why I was worried my board was incompatible.

Where does the DemoN go in relation to the QSB pictured? there doesn't seem to be a place where there isn't a resistor in the way of it sitting flush. Any ideas?

Once again, I appreciate the help.

View attachment 24185View attachment 24186

Last edited: