HDD Corrupted Launch.ini [HDD]

DMNDHades

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2014
Hello,

I own a Phat RGH 2.0 Jasper, Today when i turned on my xbox it would not boot up. The xbox would load the xbox intro and than go to a black screen. I realized this is because i had earlier that week change the Launch.ini to boot up FSD. Because I entered the FSD directory wrong it wont boot up, Unless i take off the HDD.
Is there a way to boot the xbox with a HDD in with the Memunit launch.ini? Because i cannot access the launch.ini in the HDD because each time i put the HDD in the console it restarts the console. Please help me get a solution to this...

Thank You,

DMNDHades:biggrin:

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
turn it on, and at the boot screen hit the eject button, this will bypass the loading of the launch.ini, or put another launch.ini on a usb drive.

DMNDHades

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2014
After doing that it did the same as booting it without the HDD so the HDD wont show in the directory

Last edited:

GeekHeat

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2013
lancashire
Connect your HDD up to your PC and use a program like party buffalo to see the contents of the drive and change the launch.ini.

gazcoigne

BANNED
Jan 31, 2005
Belfast, UK
when booting the xbox hold RB to boot to normal dash then launch xexmenu from MU or USB and delete the file.

this may not be your issue as when dashalunch cant find the default path it auto defaults to NXE so the xbox should boot irregardless of wrong default path.

is your hdd working on another console?

sounds like a duff hard drive to me

Last edited: