Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
How to use
-------------
HddHacker supports two flashing modes, Auto and Manual. Typing HddHackr at a DOS prompt
will start auto mode. In auto mode all hard drives will be detected automatically.
In manual mode you can enter all the parameters used for flashing by hand.
The following help screen is displayed if you start HddHacker with a wrong number of
arguments:

HDDHACKR [C|D|F|R] [PORT] [DRIVE POS] [SECTOR FILE] [RESTORE FILE]
C: Create Partitions 0/2/3
D: Dump sector 16-22 from XBOX360 HDD to file
F: Flash Western Digital firmware
R: Restore Western Digital firmware
PORT: Port to send command to e.g. 09F0
DRIVE POS: A0 for Master, B0 for Slave
SECTOR FILE: Sector dump file e.g. HDDSS.BIN
RESTORE FILE: Firmware restore file e.g. UNDO.BIN

Example for create, dump, flash and restore:
HDDHACKR C 09F0 A0
HDDHACKR D 09F0 A0 HDDSS.BIN
HDDHACKR F 09F0 A0 HDDSS.BIN UNDO.BIN
HDDHACKR R 09F0 A0 UNDO.BIN

Explanation of the Parameters

---------------------------------

[C|D|F|R]
---------
- this will set the mode of operation, it is recommended to first try to dump the XBOX360
hard drive data, if the dump will fail, it is highly unlikely that a flash or restore
will succeed on the Western Digital drive

[PORT]
--------
- the port to which the Hard Drive is connected, a port number should always be entered
in hexadecimal and have 4 hex digits, valid ports are: 01F0, 09F0, .....
- this option can be used if your PCI adapter card or on board SATA ports are
not identified by the auto mode

[DRIVE POS]
-------------
- on SATA ports this value is always A0, cause you can only connect a master drive to
a SATA port, so for SATA you will always type A0 here

[SECTOR FILE]
---------------
- name of the sector 16-22 dump file better known as HDDSS.BIN

[RESTORE FILE]
----------------
- name of the firmware restore file e.g. UNDO.BIN

Using HddHacker in auto or manual mode

------------------------------------
* Dumping the HDDSS.BIN file *
Boot to MS-DOS from a writeable medium (like a floppy or UBS Stick).
Connect an *original* Xbox360 HDD to your SATA controller. Make sure it is the only
SATA device that is connected. Now run 'HDDHACKR D [PORT] A0 HDDSS.BIN' and it will create
the file 'HDDSS.BIN' and save it to the path you've started HddHacker from.
* Creating Partitions 0/2/3 *
In auto-mode the Partition 0/2/3 will be created automaticly to make the drive compatible
with "Xplorer360" and XBOX360 Console. In manual-mode you have to type 'HDDHACKR C [PORT] A0'.
* Flashing your Western Digital *
Turn off your PC and connect the Western Digital hard drive. Boot to MS-DOS again.
Type 'HDDHACKR F [PORT] A0 HDDSS.BIN UNDO.BIN' from the same path you have saved the HDDSS.BIN
file to. This will create an 'UNDO.BIN' file that you need if you want to undo the hack
and flash your firmware back to the original state.
* Restoring your WD to original state *
If you don't want to use your modded WD HDD in your XBOX360 anymore and you want to
flash it back to its original size/state, then you can now do so. Boot to MS-DOS and
run 'HDDHACKR R [PORT] A0 UNDO.BIN'. This will use the UNDO.BIN file you created before to
restore the drive to its original state.
* Vendor Intro Power Brute for misflashed drives *
To enter the recovery mode you should boot to MS-DOS, connect your hard drive to PC and type
'HDDHACKR R [PORT] A0 UNDO.BIN'. If the hard drive is misflashed you will be prompted with:
"Western Digital Vendor Intro failed on port [PORT]"
"Do you want to resend the command until the drive responds (Y/N)?"
Press YES, disconnect the hard drive from power and connect it again.
You should get Status 0x50 and the drive will be reflashed.
* Adjust IntelliPark Timer, WD only *
IntelliPark is not that intelligent. In fact, with default settings it parks the heads
after 8 seconds of inactivity. This means, depends of your OS and usage pattern the drive will reach
it's designed lifetime in very short time. Meaning of IntelliPark values.
Resolution is 0.1 seconds from 0.1 to 12.8 seconds.
Resolution is 30.0 seconds from 30.0 to 3810.0 seconds.
Note, times between 12.8 and 30.0 seconds will be set to 30.0 seconds.
Default timer is 8.0 seconds, recommended timer is 300.0 seconds.
To disable timer type 0 seconds.

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia

QuickMythril

Feb 2, 2012
if the 500 GB SS.bin came from the xboxone, maybe we will see a 1 TB internal for 360 once the new xboxones release?

QuickMythril

Feb 2, 2012
has anyone recently been having drives that, after setting up for 360 internal, will only work on the transfer cable, but do not show up at all when connected inside? i was thinking maybe a newer system update somehow detects them better and disables it.

sliddon

Noob Account
Sep 10, 2011
has anyone recently been having drives that, after setting up for 360 internal, will only work on the transfer cable, but do not show up at all when connected inside? i was thinking maybe a newer system update somehow detects them better and disables it.
have you tried other drives in the console? i had a slim rgh dual nand once given to me with a bad s/b chip that wouldnt detect the internal hdd it would go to dash with no error apart from showing no hdd and other times red dot if hdd connected
after a s/b reflow it worked for 6months more its still being used today with usb memory only

i'm not saying its this 100% but its worth keeping in mind

QuickMythril

Feb 2, 2012
i'm connecting the hard drive internally to where i would normally have my ihas dvd drive attached by sata connection to the motherboard of my pc. i have done other drives with no problem, and have had multiple drives using this particular console and transfer cable. i have tried different cables and console, and the consistent thing is the hard drive. i have had two now that will only show up when attached to the cable. when connected as the internal drive nothing shows up as if there was no drive attached, and it doesn't display any kind of error. i haven't been able to fully test different consoles and system updates. that was just a guess since i have never seen this before until the end of this past year.