Help! Accidently updated CFW not using ChoiDuJourNX

otwido

Noob Account
May 22, 2020
canada
Hi.

I accidently updated to 10.0.2 NOT using ChoiDuJourNX (I updated by connecting to another Switch).

Now, the CFW won't boot. It gives 'Nintendo' logo, and then blackscreen.

The CFW is on Emunand with exFAT format. Bootloader works fine.

I managed to boot CFW with another SDCard. I wonder how I can use the old SDCard.

When I used a new SDCard, the CFW was already in 10.0.2. So, I could not re-fresh CFW with ChoiDuJourNX (gives me error since it's the same version).

How can I use the original SDCard?

Willy234

Nov 20, 2018
You have to use a FAT32 SD card to boot, then you install the 10.0.2 with exFAT support via ChoiDuJour, after that, your old SD card should work again.

otwido

Noob Account
May 22, 2020
canada
You have to use a FAT32 SD card to boot, then you install the 10.0.2 with exFAT support via ChoiDuJour, after that, your old SD card should work again.
Thank you for the input.
But when I boot with a FAT32 SD card, the CFW is already in 10.0.2. So, ChoiDuJourNX gives me an error since I’m updating to the same version of FW.

Willy234

Nov 20, 2018
Why would you update to the same FW? I thought you wanted to downgrade because you accidentally updated? :)

With Choi... you can downgrade to 9.2 again .. when everything was still fine and games did not crash all the time ^^

MattAttack

Mar 28, 2011
He can't downgrade if he updated using official means, his efuses are burnt. I have been in the same situation as you, I literally had to wait for a new firmware to come out, before I could update to exfat with ChoiDuJourNX

entsd

Noob Account
May 26, 2020
USA
I ended up making a new emunand. I had to restart all over but nothing else I could do. Thanks to everyone who tried to help!
I have exactly the same issue as you please tell me what exactly did you do? I dont have or used emunand before

entsd

Noob Account
May 26, 2020
USA
Just search for "how to emunand sx os" on YouTube .. there are tons of guides.
Thank you for replaying, I cannot boot into SXOS... I do regret getting game update from another switch.... spent my day and yesterday trying to get this fix... I just dont know what to do.

Before games were working just fine before the update, then after the update all games saying data corrupted. I moved all folders in SD card format it to FAT32 no game will work, it will say unable to open or something.

What should I do, should I delete all the data in the card... I cant boot SXOS from the album or from the main menu, I restarted while holding - or + nothing happens

Willy234

Nov 20, 2018
Start with a clean FAT32 SD card, with only your 2.9.5b file and your license file on it and see if you can boot SX OS normally.
If that works, your old SD card might be corrupted (and/or in exFAT format).
Go from there with the YouTube tutorial of your choice for creating an emunand and downgrade that to 9.2.

entsd

Noob Account
May 26, 2020
USA
Start with a clean FAT32 SD card, with only your 2.9.5b file and your license file on it and see if you can boot SX OS normally.
If that works, your old SD card might be corrupted (and/or in exFAT format).
Go from there with the YouTube tutorial of your choice for creating an emunand and downgrade that to 9.2.

Thank you! it got fixed... I had to reinstall custom FW from the beginning. At least it works and I am happy

entsd

Noob Account
May 26, 2020
USA
i sent a message if you could help me with the tutotial you followed to reinstall the CF,I'm the same way as you were
i sent a message if you could help me with the tutotial you followed to reinstall the CF, I'm the same way as you were
I see, I just saw your message. I am going to post my response here so anyone who has the same problem will get this solution.

Problem: I updated one game via switch to switch local update and it did not just update the game itself but also update my firmware (Should NEVER do this again in future, regarding if both switches on the same firmware or not to be safe)

What happened: I no longer can play games, it keeps saying that data corrupted, and more importantly I could never access to SX OS menu via album, the normal album would open. I tried to check if I can access the custom firmware after restarting my switch, but never got booted to it so I realized that it's gone completely.

Here is how I fixed it:
First: Make sure you move your SX OS license file away from SD card. if you have boot.dat and other homebrew apps such as ChoiDujourNX just move them away temporary out of SD.
Second: Format your SDCard to ExFat32 (so you can move large file to it) once it is down, move all the files back including boot.dat and ChoiDujourNX in SD. Boot must be in the root of SD card.
Third: You now going to install SX OS follow this guide.
-Insert the jig and the dongle, then press vol+ and the power button.
- Once the firmware boot press options>NAND> Dump NAND. (Don't forget to save the NAND backup to your PC or External HDD) [The process will take at least an hour]

PS: you must have at least 32GB free for the NAND backup.

-Press on EmuNAND >Create EmuNAND>Hidden Partition on microSD. wait until it complete. [May take long time, just wait until it finish]
-Then you can install AutoRCM so you can boot to RCM without the Jig (optional).

Boot custom FW>Continue>Continue. wait for the System to boot (Do not remove the Dongle yet)

Once you load into the main menu, you should be able to access SX OS menu in the album

Be informed that you lost all of your games and you need to reinstall them again by placing them in ur SD Card then install them from there.

I also have upgraded the firmware so it is completely safe to have 10.0.3. Make sure to install the ExFAT version.

Tell me if this helps!