COOLRUNNER Help getting a Coolrunner v3 to glitch with a Rev C

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
Help getting a Corona v3 to glitch with a Rev C

Hey guys, so this is my first time doing a Corona V3 and I am having a hard time getting it to glitch. Unfortunately back when I ordered the parts the Slim Proto V2 wasn't shipping yet and the V1 was outta stock everywhere so I just got a Rev C to CR3 kit that came with the CR Rev C, the Corona QSB with the crystal, and the CPU_RST Cleaner.

TX Product(s) used: Coolrunner Rev C, POSTfix adapter, NAND-X, Corona QSB, CPU_RST Cleaner
Console Type: Corona V3
NAND size: 16MB
Dashboard version: 2.0.16197
CB version: 13182
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner:
1.png
J-Runner log (everything i've done with this console so far):
http://pastebin.com/UYM6efH0

updflash.bin log (if applicable):N/A

Image of Coolrunner:
20140307_161701.jpg

Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:
20140307_161718.jpg
20140307_161729.jpg
20140307_161744.jpg
^GND on CR, I don't like using the AV port
20140307_161757.jpg
20140307_161828.jpg

Description of problem:
See Bellow

Was the console working before you started: Y

Do you get a green debug light appear on the RGH chip every 4-5 seconds: Y

How long is the light on for each time: On for about 2 secs, off for about 5

So far I have tried:
  • No CPU_RST cleaner
  • CPU_RST cleaner on 1K and 470pf
  • JP closed and open
  • 1 and 2 closed
  • Switch on Phat and Slim
  • C on 70 on the Postfix adapter
  • 0-2 timing file, 1-2, 1-3, 2-2
  • Blue CPU_RST line
  • The longest I have let it go is for about 6-7 minutes.

Now I know there is a lot more I can try but I am on a time crunch to get this done within the next few hours (preferably as fast as possible), so I just wanted to know the following:

1) I had fears that the Postfix adapter wasn't sitting properly. Since the debug light is going can I assume that means it is on there properly?
2) Tips from people more experienced with Coronas. Is it better to use the shielded CPU_RST line on Coronas? I had always used the blue wire on Trinitys because I got crappy results with the shielded wire. Any timing files that seem to work a lot of the time? Is 2 and 3 closed usually a better bet? JP closed or open? Etc. C/yellow line length on the POSTfix adapter? CPU_RST lengths?

I feel bad practically leeching but like I said I have never done a Corona before, am unfortunately using a Rev C, and want to get this done as fast as possible. If it is truly 100% trial and error I while go through every combo I can, but I was just hoping someone could give me a tip or two to speed the process up.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
how long is CPU_RST? Make it no longer than 10cm. Does the console boot stock ok still? Keep POST_OUT to the '5' point for now.

Also try bypassing CPU_RST cleaner. Also try setting the CR to phat.

Finally try all timing files for 60 seconds minimum.

Reactions: oblivioncth

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks Martin Ill try all of this and get back to you. The CPU_RST line is currently the full 50cm so ill cut it down. The console does boot stock.

unkn0wn.92

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2011
AMM,Jordan
Thanks Martin Ill try all of this and get back to you. The CPU_RST line is currently the full 50cm so ill cut it down. The console does boot stock.
50cm on corona's is too long try 14cm cpu_rst ,10cm post_out bridge 2-3 ,JP switch to slim and 1:3 timing file

Reactions: Martin C

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
OK so I moved the POSTfix adapter point to "5", shortened the CPU_RST line to a tad under 10CM, and am currently bypassing the CPU_RST cleaner. I tried every timing file on phat and slim for about 2min each and still no glitch.

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
no need for 2 mins. 60 seconds.

Once you've gone through them all, try POST on 50. Then go again.
Will do. I can write and read the NAND so those points are obviously fine and I used a multimeter to check that E and F were connected.

unkn0wn.92

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2011
AMM,Jordan
From the OP pics i can't see if the R2C6 & R2C7 are soldered
OP please double check them and report back

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
Yes I have those bridged, and i made sure so by continuity testing the one end of each bridge with E&F respectively. Additionally I used a multimeter to check all of the QSB points and double checked that the console stills boots stock. Im gonna try the other post length.

Last edited:

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
:( OK so I tried every file again on phat and slim with C at 50. I doubled checked all the connections on the QSB with a multimeter, the resistor points that needed to be bridged, and checked for a 2nd time that the console still boots stock fine.

I guess I can keep moving the POST point up to higher values. Anything else?

I feel like theres something wrong since I can't get it to glitch at all but the only thing I can think of is that something is wrong with the POSTfix adapter or the CPU_RST line is bad (i.e. length or interference). You would know better than I would though lol. I am using the alt point FT3T10 but I can't imagine that makes any difference.

Last edited:

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
No but the only thing that is different is that the C line is moved to 50 and CPU_RST is shorter. Ill post pics if you want me to, but one sec I left the thing on for like 10min with the 0-2 timing file and C at 70 and when i just looked its on Xell. Ima reboot it and record how long it takes. First ima get the CPU key lol.

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
Really? Is that new? Before I swear it would just come up and the ROL never did anything. So far its been 3 minutes with no glitch. Even if the times are horrible I just want to see if they are consistent so I know i am heading in the right direction of improving them. I guess Ill flash the glitch image over once Xell boots again and then work on improving the times. Ill post pictures anyway but like I said its just D shortened and C moved.

Last edited: