COOLRUNNER Help getting a Coolrunner v3 to glitch with a Rev C

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
Ok so I couldn't get it to glitch again after two attempts so I said screw it and manually flashed the XeBuild image. Here are the "new" pictures:

20140308_200632.jpg
20140308_200717.jpg
Should I just keep going through all the timing files while going up in C length?

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
I would go back to the settings where xell booted, and then add in the cpu_rst cleaner, then start with the caps, 1 at a time, and see if that helps, then I would do the resistors. On my jasper, before I converted it to r-jtag, I used 2 caps, and 1 resistor on the cpu_rst cleaner, and it would usually boot within a minute, Also try the double shielded cable for the cpu_rst line.

Last edited:

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
Ok so I went through all the remaining POSTfix adapter lengths with each file on phat and slim and still couldn't get it to glitch again. Now I am trying the settings I had when I got Xell that once but with the CPU_RST cleaner.

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
Uggggh this is so frustrating I've never had a console this bad (wish I had a proto). I tried every combination of resistance and capacitance on the CPU_RST cleaner and still no go. Any ideas? Need any more information?

Last edited:

unkn0wn.92

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2011
AMM,Jordan
Uggggh this is so frustrating I've never had a console this bad (wish I had a proto). I tried every combination of resistance and capacitance on the CPU_RST cleaner and still no go. Any ideas? Need any more information?
these settings always worked with me on stubborn consoles,
15cm post_out, 10-14cm on original point of Cpu_Rst "C5R11" under the X-Clamp, 1:3/1:2 timing files, JP Closed, 2-3 bridged,Switch to Slim
try it and report back

Last edited:

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
When you say 15cm post_out do you mean the yellow wire itself? Since I have the post fix adapter there is only 5 and 50?

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
Yea so like I can make the wire itself that length but since im using the postfix adapter I have several "post outs" of different lengths. the cable is about 9-10cm on its own so if I solder it to 5 that will be about 14-15 so I think ill just do that.

EDIT:
OMG (possibly) THANK YOU SO MUCH. I just tried exactly that. I cut a new part of the 50cm I chopped off to exactly 14cm, wired it to C5R11 (without taking the heatsink off :D ), moved C to the 5 on the POSTfix adapter, flashed the timing file 1-2, and changed the bridge on the Coolrunner to 2-3 and gave it a whirl. It just booted in about 25 seconds. Im gonna check that its consistent and then try the 1-3 file and CPU_RST cleaner settings to see if i can make it better.

Last edited:

unkn0wn.92

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2011
AMM,Jordan
Yea so like I can make the wire itself that length but since im using the postfix adapter I have several "post outs" of different lengths. the cable is about 9-10cm on its own so if I solder it to 5 that will be about 14-15 so I think ill just do that.

EDIT:
OMG (possibly) THANK YOU SO MUCH. I just tried exactly that. I cut a new part of the 50cm I chopped off to exactly 14cm, wired it to C5R11 (without taking the heatsink off :D ), moved C to the 5 on the POSTfix adapter, flashed the timing file 1-2, and changed the bridge on the Coolrunner to 2-3 and gave it a whirl. It just booted in about 25 seconds. Im gonna check that its consistent and then try the 1-3 file and CPU_RST cleaner settings to see if i can make it better.
You're welcome , Glad it worked for you , if i was you i wouldn't mess with anything right now write the glitched image and see boot times

Last edited:
Reactions: oblivioncth

oblivioncth

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2012
The glitched image is actually on there already. I tried 1-3 and the CPU_RST cleaner and it just made it worse. I put it back to everything you said and on the 1-2 file and it glitches in anywhere from 1-5 cycles averaging about 3. Thanks again!

/close (most likely. I dont think ill need anymore help)