Help! I seemed to have messed up the stby_clk point!

otchaceotc

Mar 6, 2012
I completed the rgh but i went to boot the console and it would stay blinking but never booted

So i resoldered the points but i took it to far with B that i messed up the pad and the resistor.

Now im not the one to make excuses but the solder pen im using is pretty thick :] so i took the resistor along for a ride. Now the console wont even power up for anything

I hope you guys can help me with my problem to fix it cuz i that work i invested to go to waste not to mention the cost. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated

http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p482/mtxhace/?action=view&current=2012-03-15073014.jpg

Jun 4, 2010
Of course the console won't power on without that resistor. You need to fix this point by either replacing it with a SMD or standard size resistor 33ohms.

However I would consider this carefully before attempting it. You might want to get a professional to do it as if that point is messed completely and no trace left from the HANA chip side then the console's dead for ever.

matt.xx

Jun 15, 2011
My advice would be to stop what you're doing immediately and send it to a seasoned Pro.

Repair work is delicate and you will probably end up having to bin it.

Last edited:

otchaceotc

Mar 6, 2012
Now i hav a 360 contoller, what are the chances i take out a resistor from there manage to put it in, then go with the alternate point using the previous post?
Just for knowledge sake.

legitmod

VIP Member
Sep 16, 2011
Salisbury, MD
It is really an highly suggested that you send it to some one to have them fix for ya before you do anymore damage an your Xbox is no good completely just saying

otchaceotc

Mar 6, 2012
As long as its a 33Ohm it will work.
How do i know its a 33Ohm, is there some numbering?

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

It is really an highly suggested that you send it to some one to have them fix for ya before you do anymore damage an your Xbox is no good completely just saying
I really appreciate the advice. Really, but i dnt know anybody who does 360 repairs or wouldnt know where to look. Now ima think hard before and if i even go through with it, me fixing or attempting.

jones_chris

Feb 24, 2012
its quite easy to do ive done it for a customer i can show u if you want.

you'll need a small amount of thin cabling and a 33ohm 1/8w (or 1/2w) thru hole resistor (easier to work with) which u can get from any electronic store.

carefully scratch the solder resist off of the tacking both before the mess up and on the chip side to expose the tacking beneath. once that has done its straight forward, solder from the exposed track to the resistor and back to the exposed track.

Always check continuity and the resistance with a multimeter before you power on.

Chris

Reactions: otchaceotc

freegetter

Dec 22, 2011
Australia
Its easy fix. but for pro for him its hard one coz if he was good on soldering he wouldnt mess it up at first i recommand to send it to pro befor kill your board.

otchaceotc

Mar 6, 2012
Dont get me wrong iv soldered leds, did all the other points right, but im using one of the worst soldering irons cuz my thinner one wouldnt take off. Basically trying to unlock a doorknob using your thumb. It was a big mistake i know but i got the xbox for free, and i dnt see how damaging my xbox would even affect you, thanx for the heads up though

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

its quite easy to do ive done it for a customer i can show u if you want.

you'll need a small amount of thin cabling and a 33ohm 1/8w (or 1/2w) thru hole resistor (easier to work with) which u can get from any electronic store.

carefully scratch the solder resist off of the tacking both before the mess up and on the chip side to expose the tacking beneath. once that has done its straight forward, solder from the exposed track to the resistor and back to the exposed track.

Always check continuity and the resistance with a multimeter before you power on.

Chris
You sir are the best reply.
I like how you realized i asked for help and you gave it to me cuz obviously im willing to take a leap with the xbox here. Thanx i will definetely look into you guide.

Can i pm you later for further help, if needed?

jones_chris

Feb 24, 2012
yes ofcource although i live in NZ and the time zone here is +12 it might take some time to get back to you.

Last edited: