Help in How to load SX OS Pro during RCM

noe759

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2019
USA
Hi all,

So my SX OS Pro just came in the mail today and I was super excited in jailbreaking my switch and getting this whole ordeal started. However as you can see by the title I am having a setback in that I can't even get the SX OS software/firmware to load in my switch. The Bootloader basically is what I can't get to load and as far as I know I've done everything correctly and if not please tell me what I am missing, here is what I've done so far. And as a sidetone my switch is running on firmware 9.0.1

1. Take my SD card out of my switch and download SX OS 2.9.2 (the boot.dat file) as well as the SX Dumper file (the SXDumper.nro file)
2. Proceeded to eject my SD card from my Mac (SD card is in ExFat format)
3. Change the DNS settings in my switch to Primary DNS: 163.172.141.219 and Secondary DNS: 045.248.048.062 (which as far as I know just block Nintendos connection to my switch, not the internet itself)
4. Turned off the switch completely and inserted the Xecuter jig into my righthand rail of the switch and then inserted the Xecuter dongle
5. while holding the Volume + button I tried to turn on my switch to load the SX OS boot loader

At step 5 is where I get stuck as I cannot get the boot loader to work and I've tried numerous things such as reinstalling the files, taking the SX dumper file off and just leaving the SX OS file, switching or swapping SD cards, and everything I've done so far has come to no avail. What can I do to get past step 5?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
What is your SD formatted to and what FW are you running?

As a note the Mac does not play well with copying files to your SD for the Switch to read. It adds an archive bit to the files for Spotlight I believe which then causes issues with the Switch reading the files. You can fix it with a command in the Terminal, but I am not sure of the command. You can also boot to Hekate and there is a feature there to remove the bit as well if you do not have access to a Windows computer.

noe759

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2019
USA
I got it to work after I formatted by SD Card to Fat32 and I am running on 9.0.1, thanks for trying to help me, however my question now Is how do I get my old games back because I had to format my SD card from ExFat to Fat32 which made me lose my games I bought through the eShop like breath of the wild and Mario kart and so on. Do I just open the eShop normally or will I get banned?

What is your SD formatted to and what FW are you running?

As a note the Mac does not play well with copying files to your SD for the Switch to read. It adds an archive bit to the files for Spotlight I believe which then causes issues with the Switch reading the files. You can fix it with a command in the Terminal, but I am not sure of the command. You can also boot to Hekate and there is a feature there to remove the bit as well if you do not have access to a Windows computer.