Help! Lite-on motor not spinning

harshacash

Noob Account
Oct 3, 2010
Hi,
I opened up my xbox this morning, mistakenly reversed the power cable to the dvd drive. saw some smoke from the Lite-on dvd drive and immediately turned off the power.
Now I get the "Open Tray" message. When i opened up the dvd drive, the laser is at the correct position near the drive motor, and flashes red when on. However, the dvd-disc does not spin when I insert into the drive.

Is this only a motor issue and will it work if i replace the motor?

I appreciate any response you can give me...

rocket8080

BANNED
Jul 9, 2010
uk, Oxfordshire
Most likely to have blown the board, I dont think that the motor gets blown if you put the dvd power cable in the wrong way.

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
I fancy youve damaged your drive. Unless your good at soldering, then you'll have to send it to someone, unless you have your firmware already and you could just replace the PCB.

Xmods

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2002
blown mosfet simple repair replace it send to to teajunkie if in the uk or me if in the states

Chris2404

VIP Member
Jul 30, 2010
Dundee
cdmods.co.uk
sure its only the motor that is damaged? I had someone plug it in the wrong way and the part of the board where the power lead goes was black lol.

Im assuming you were flashing the drive or something so if you have your drive key you may be easier buying another drive and flashing the new key on it