Status
Not open for further replies.

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com

TIP

I've put this short guide together as a lot of people come across various error messages and problems, either with Original Games or Backup Games.
In the following pictures, I've hopefully captured some of the most common ones and the reasons that you may see these.

Photo 1:-
This error was from a Stock Drive (unflashed). It plays original games fine but not backups. Backup Disc used was - Singularity (Wave 6)

Photo 2:-
This error was from a Stock Drive (unflashed). It plays original games fine but not backups. Backup Disc used was - Gears of War 2 (Wave 2)

** Photos 1 and 2 - The drive responds as I expected. Its not been flashed so it wouldn't play backups. If you have one of these screen shots it may be because it hasn't been flashed or flashed properly. Try it again. *Could also be that the laser is failing.

Photo 3:-
This error was from a Stock Drive which was flashed with the wrong key. It Will not play original games and will not play backups. Backup Disc used was - Singularity (Wave 6) [yes its the same as photo 1]

Photo 4:- This error was from a Stock Drive which was flashed with the wrong key. It Will not play original games and will not play backups. Backup Disc used was - Gears of War 2 (Wave 2) [yes its the same as photo 2]

** Photos 3 and 4 - The drive responds as I expected. Its been flashed but the key on the DVD drive, doesn't match the key in the xbox motherboard, so it wouldn't play Backups or Originals. If you have one of these screen shots it may be because it hasn't been flashed or flashed properly. Try it again with the right key.
***If you don't have the right key and the kernel of your xbox isn't exploitable (jtag), you've got a pretty doorstop.
****Could also be that the laser is failing.

Photo 5:-
This error was from a Drive which had been correctly flashed. However the error has occurred from a damaged laser ribbon. This could also be due to a burnt out or damaged laser.
NOTE - It is also possible with this same error that Backups dont work but Originals do. In this case the laser is failing and should be replaced.

** Photo 5 - The drive responds as I expected. Its been flashed so it should play backups and originals. Examine the laser ribbon and replace if damaged, Replace laser.

Photo 6:-
(Sourced from the net) This error is due to a damaged disc, bad media, bad rip or bad burn.
Update - Also error for new games containing AP2.5. Update Firmware to LT+ (when available - as of 19th November 2010, firmware in development)

Photo 7:-
Black Screen. Its possible that your firmware is out of date or your game is not patched correctly. For example as of 5th July 2011 and a dashboard version of at least 13146, there are six games which need an AP2.5 patch. These are Halo Reach, Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Need for Speed - Hot pursuit, Fable III, Assassins Creed Brotherhood. The AP2.5 routine checks for 50 security sectors rather than the previous 13. If you have a black screen, check the patch of your game and / or update firmware.

I'm not particular wanting to start a new discussion topic, these problems are just to help identify your issues and give you a starting point to where to look for help on the forum. All of the above issues have already been answered on this website.

The answers are there, you just have to look. :D

Last edited:

Wicked Stunts

Jul 18, 2010
New York
www.facebook.com
even though i know about that "insert into xbox to play" video, i didnt know it would play if you flashed your drive incorrectly, i guess it makes sense to if you flashed it wrong and your xbox will only play dvds lol.

just a quick question, if your xbox is properly modded and plays backups but one of the backups play that video instead of the game does that mean a bad burn?

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
Possible I guess. I didnt test for bad burn. The message you see is from the video partition, so I would expect something is on the disc. I'd run the disc rather than the iso through agbx and see what it says.
Even if it wasnt from the right region, youd get a message saying it wasnt the right region, so that kinda rules that out.

j xSteeeZy

Noob Account
Nov 2, 2010
i bought a replacement lite on drive and i took out the laser ribbon before i started to flash it, but it still gives me the open tray error. am i doing something wrong?

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia
ok what about the disc unreadable screen with NFS hot pursuit (ORIGINAL DISC) on samsung drive(spoofed) updated to latest dash, plays all copies ( haven't tried 2.5's)- not sure of firmware(modded November 08) pre LT ?
also not flagged (yet)
just wondering any ideas why an original game wont work? ( sorry for not being clear)

not a big issue, as have 2 other consoles , one stock, and one banned but with LT+
this one i dont play online with either ( only the stock )

Last edited:

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia
guess i'll wait for LT+ to come out for the samsung (If it does)

malghani

Dec 19, 2010
hi
i just wana ask one thing

i have a 2008 falcon 360 with a 7 series drive (my console have been using very very roughly in 2 years) n my friend have a 2010 jaxper 360 with a 8 series drive(just bought it a month ago)

i burned a game n it plays just fine for hours n hours in my 360 but when i out it in my friend's console, in every 5 mins or 15 mins or even an after an hour (no specific time duration) it gives this crappy unreadable disc error

can u please tell me whats the problem here?
its definitely not a bad burn nor the bad media n can this problem be solved by spoofing a 7 series drive?

sick360mods

BANNED
Mar 22, 2010
Longisland , New York
hi
i just wana ask one thing

i have a 2008 falcon 360 with a 7 series drive (my console have been using very very roughly in 2 years) n my friend have a 2010 jaxper 360 with a 8 series drive(just bought it a month ago)

i burned a game n it plays just fine for hours n hours in my 360 but when i out it in my friend's console, in every 5 mins or 15 mins or even an after an hour (no specific time duration) it gives this crappy unreadable disc error

can u please tell me whats the problem here?
its definitely not a bad burn nor the bad media n can this problem be solved by spoofing a 7 series drive?
if u want help make ur own thread... this is thread hi-jacking and will most likly lead to a 24 hr ban for not reading the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Our Sponsors