Help my xboxs is not working

RampeteThomas

Noob Account
Jan 20, 2006
Norway
It start very good . I mod my xbox and flash it. is works great. :)
Then 2 days after i shud put in the new hd 250 g

I start it up for a test it whit the orginal hd
But then I shud start it up, thats the problem starts,:eek:

It got only to the orginal screen, and the only light is the blue lamp to the xcuter 3 is working, not light in the front and not more light in xcuter 3.

I have check all my cabel but i find nothing wrong.

Is it enybody out ther som can help me and tell me what is wrong?

have executet my xcuter?

Best regards

Thomas

RampeteThomas

Noob Account
Jan 20, 2006
Norway
I'm stepping in for Thomas here, since I helped him do the original mod. We took a brand new Xbox v1.6, installed the Xecuter 3CE, and tested the Xbox. The FlashBIOS came up just fine. We then flashed the bios with X3 3294, which also worked just fine.

Then, two days later when Thomas came to have a ned HD installed, the mod just did nothing. The Xbox started the original BIOS. The blue led of the Xecuter lit, but no red/green to indicate flash protect, no leds on the front panel, we can't start the FlashBIOS.

We double checked all of the soldering in case a shock or temerature difference (it's freezing outside...) hade made a solder break. We replaced the mod chip, no difference. We replaced the lpc rebuild with a new one, no change. We replaced the power/eject adapter, no change.

So, in short, the Xbox seems to work fine, the mod worked briefly, but not any more...

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Oba

RampeteThomas

Noob Account
Jan 20, 2006
Norway
Embarassing update : The new mod chip was actually working, the flash protection switch was in the wrong position. Guess I should have looked at the FAQ earlier...

Why the old one was not working I don't know, but I'll leave it at that, now it's time to finish the flash/HD upgrade.

Best regards,

Oba