JTAG Help! Nand X not notice on Jtag Tool.

Obfuscation

May 15, 2011
Philadelphia, PA.
My nand x isnt being noticed by jtag tool for multiple firmwares. i need to read the nand and write xellous (my HDMI doesnt work so i need to write xellous not xell) for 12625 but it doesnt work. i installed nand x drivers but i had to do it manually. i really need help i am new to jtagging.

Obfuscation

May 15, 2011
Philadelphia, PA.
So the NAND x is not being recognized

If that's the case check your soldering 99% of the time it's the connection is your mobo plugged in post pics of your install close up
Its being noticed by the computer just not jtag tool. it was plugged in. i had to use a alt point because one of the points burnt off. could that be the reason? ill post pics when i can.

Last edited:

mespo365

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2010
USA
i didnt know how to start a new thread on the fourms but i didnt pay much attention to it. ill post pics when i can

Once you post pics then we can help. Dont worry the mods will move the post....your new :p

WestCoastConsoles

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2010
Portland, OR
If you have burned your stuff up stop now jtags are way to valuable to f up send it to a pro and get it sorted I have seen way to many board go up in smoke because people are learning to solder on them you can try rebuilding your NAND points there's a tutorial by xmods that is tops

WestCoastConsoles

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2010
Portland, OR
Resolder everything that looks pretty bad check points with multimeter also possibly opt for pinheader solution a lot easier than trying over and over to get the qsb correct and then Your not constantly heating and cooling the pads on motherboard

mespo365

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2010
USA
Resolder everything that looks pretty bad check points with multimeter also possibly opt for pinheader solution a lot easier than trying over and over to get the qsb correct and then Your not constantly heating and cooling the pads on motherboard
+1 The pinheaders would be a lot easier for you. If you have any decent soldering experience you can just strip the wires and solder them directly instead using the pin headers.

mespo365

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2010
USA
wouldn't i have to strip the wires to use them? i think just re trying to solder them would be easier.

Nope! Look in the tut section here for using nand x. The pin headers essentially plug into all of the jtag points. you just have to either remove the solder put in then solder the pin header. Or just heat up the solder enough to push the pin header threw the solder/holes. There is a separate wire that was included that goes from the pin header to the nandx.

On all my jtags i found it easier to just strip the wires and heat the solder up enough to push the wire in. Pin headers are easier to solder in than the boards you used IMO. And you cant mess them up, once they are in and soldered you no they are right!

Last edited:

Obfuscation

May 15, 2011
Philadelphia, PA.
Nope! Look in the tut section here for using nand x. The pin headers essentially plug into all of the jtag points. you just have to either remove the solder put in then solder the pin header. Or just heat up the solder enough to push the pin header threw the solder/holes. There is a separate wire that was included that goes from the pin header to the nandx.

On all my jtags i found it easier to just strip the wires and heat the solder up enough to push the wire in. Pin headers are easier to solder in than the boards you used IMO. And you cant mess them up, once they are in and soldered you no they are right!
so you just put the pins through the holes and solder the wires to the otherside of the pinheader?