Help needed regarding flashing a lite-on 74850C with CK3 Lite and Probe v2

Samfog

Aug 10, 2010
New York
My problem is really weird. I power on my lite-on 74850C and follow the manual's steps completely until the probe stage. The strange thing is all my LEDs are shining correctly but I still keep getting the BAD SERIAL DATA error. I think my problem could be that jungle flasher didn't detect my probe v2 or my ck3 lite in the COM port (which is COM1, the only one in the list). I read that the CK3 lite doesn't need a USB-to-sata connection though so I'm really confused.

Somebody please consult me on how to go about detecting the probe because I have flashed every other type of drive other than a Lite-on already.

Thanks in advance!

MetalThRaSH

Noob Account
Jul 29, 2010
My problem is really weird. I power on my lite-on 74850C and follow the manual's steps completely until the probe stage. The strange thing is all my LEDs are shining correctly but I still keep getting the BAD SERIAL DATA error. I think my problem could be that jungle flasher didn't detect my probe v2 or my ck3 lite in the COM port (which is COM1, the only one in the list). I read that the CK3 lite doesn't need a USB-to-sata connection though so I'm really confused.

Somebody please consult me on how to go about detecting the probe because I have flashed every other type of drive other than a Lite-on already.

Thanks in advance!
is the bottom switch pointed to probe?
are you using the point labeled probe?
if you see an orange light on the probe press the button down on the top so the orange light is off.
are the cords that connect to the probe coming from the drive?
when you make contact with r707 the green light must be on before you hit dvdkey32
and you must have a sata connection.

you can also post the log so we can see whats going on

Samfog

Aug 10, 2010
New York
Do you have the correct port for your probe?
Is the probe functioning correctly?
All wires in the proper places?
When it comes to the port i have no idea jf detects the drive, but in the com section no matter how much i refresh it jf reports it as a standard communications port not the ck3 (image attached)

The probe is functioning correctly blue LED , green and orange LED with OP switch up, green LED stays lit while orange turns off with OP switch down when put into r707

and I must have checked the wires a billion times.

I feel certain that my problem is getting jf to see the probe, also I'm using a CK3 LITE to power drive which doesn't have the usb slot. So I'm really lost on how to get my probe detected with a ck3 lite. I read that I need to do something in device manager but it wasn't clear as to what exactly needs to be done (attached is also my device manager screen)

Samfog

Aug 10, 2010
New York
is the bottom switch pointed to probe? yes

are you using the point labeled probe? what is a point labeled probe ? as far as i know its a ck3 probe v2

if you see an orange light on the probe press the button down on the top so the orange light is off. Done and done still BAD SERIAL DATA

are the cords that connect to the probe coming from the drive? yes

when you make contact with r707 the green light must be on before you hit dvdkey32. Made sure of that a billion times over and over same error

and you must have a sata connection. By sata you mean have the drive connected to the primary port of my VIA card? if so , then yes

MetalThRaSH

Noob Account
Jul 29, 2010
are you using the point labeled probe? what is a point labeled probe ? as far as i know its a ck3 probe v2

the reason why I asked this is because there are two points, one for the mra and one for the probe.

maybe post a picture of your setup when you try to extract the key, I dunno your setup sounds fine.

Samfog

Aug 10, 2010
New York
have you got the serial(rs232) cable plugged into the ck3 lite and going into your pc?
THANK YOU I think this is probably my mistake please take a look at my picture to see my setup. And having looked up what the rs232 looks like i definitely don't have it plugged in. But now the question is where does it plug in on the CK3 Lite?

my pic should give u a better perspective.

Thanks again

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
THANK YOU I think this is probably my mistake please take a look at my picture to see my setup. And having looked up what the rs232 looks like i definitely don't have it plugged in. But now the question is where does it plug in on the CK3 Lite?

my pic should give u a better perspective.

Thanks again
hi,

the rs 232 is a data cable (bit like a printer cable) it has a 9pin female at one end and a small white connection at other

dale;)

Samfog

Aug 10, 2010
New York
aww man now i see , my probe didn't come with that cable! I got it off modjunkiez.com and apparently they didn't include it where can i order the cable?

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
the rs232 should come with the ck3 lite not the probe. where did you get the ck3 from?

EDIT:

i just checked their website and it says that the rs232 is included like i thought, so id contact them and tell them that you got no rs232 cable with your ck3 lite.

Last edited:

Samfog

Aug 10, 2010
New York
you think they would have this exact one? because it obviously looks not like your standard rs232 cable, on one end it is but on the other end (the one that goes into the CK3 Lite) it's definitely not the same.

Samfog

Aug 10, 2010
New York
oh the ck3 lite.... I got that from ebay , actually it came from England somewhere. Is there any way i can get the cable separate? It's because my friend used his ebay account and he's out of town and i really need that cable

Last edited: