LITEON 93450 help phat key failed

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
Okay so i helped Skater out as much as I could. Heres some things I started to figure out. First off i noticed that in JF he has no Com Ports showing up. His USB Pro is infact showing in Device manager yet in JF it shows no com port. not sure what thats all about.
As far as probeing the drive it says Fat key extract complete and to power off the probe and remove then press ok. He does this and it then says fat key extract failed. Not sure what thats all about either.
I thought that maybe there wasnt aything on the drive to extract hence the fail. They guy he got this box from had sent the proper key info with it from it being previously RGHed. So I just created new OFW and wrote it to it. Then we tried to extract again and still failed.

He just got another drive in today and it does the same thing on that one.

Question, could it be the lack of com port causeing the issue? I flashed his Hitachi 79 a couple weeks ago Via Teamviewer and had no trouble. Lite-ons just are not a go for him.
The X360USB pro, does not use the COM Port. That was for the old ck3 pro original Probe 1 & 2 option.

If it does it on several drives, it may be a probe problem.

keil423

VIP Member
Yeah I showed him that same pic and made sure. Thats the only thing I cant account for is user error on his behalf! He swears he is doing it right.
it seems to take forever for the Phat key extract complete (which ends up being a fail). now it wont even pretened to extract. Just straight to Fail. Below is a pic of his JF with no com ports showing.
Then a pic of mine with com ports showing just fine. I'm still on 1.89 yes I know.

Reactions: skater411

cunny

VIP Member
Mar 8, 2009
North England
Is there any com ports in dev manager?

I dont think thats the issue. I'd try reinstalling usb pro drivers again, if that fails maybe looking at another system to try it on.

If he is doing it right then a setup issue could be to blame

keil423

VIP Member
Okay an update here. I had him switch to his desktop. On desktop it does show com ports in JF. On laptop it did not. ow well not an issue. He tried again on desktop to probe and it did the same thing. It says fatkey extract complete. Tells him to remove probe and then press okay. Once he presses ok it says phat key failed.
I tried uninstalling all the drivers and what not to start from scratch. Same thing happens.
So its not the computer which leaves the user or the probe.
He also noticed that sometimes he presses the button to shut off the probe and the probe doesnt shut off. So I'm kinda thinking the button may be going out as well. Bad connection maybe. It works fine more often than not though.
I told him to get ahold of his verdor and send it back for a new one.
Time will tell....

keil423

VIP Member
Okay I have recieved all of Skaters flashing tools. I hooked all of his tools up to his disc drive and I also got Phat Key Failed. I switched out his CK3 Pro with my CK3 Pro and boom phat key extracted first try. So the problem is with his CK3 pro.

The CK3 powers on just fine. All the switches work fine. It will open and close the disk drive just fine. When it comes to grabing the phat key though it just doesnt want to go threw it.

I might add that the probe does light up when pluged in and the light shuts off when you press the button as well. Most of the time when I probe MPX01 it wont do anything. Dots just keep coming. Every once and awhile it will tell phat key complete and to remove the probe but then it says phat key failed.

Any ideas on what to look at other then getting it replaced.

keil423

VIP Member
Well I believe I found the problem. Seems there is a bad solder joint on the CK3 pro. I did some pokeing around on the board and spotted a point that looked a little iffy. I push down on it a little then tried again. I've not had 3 good dumps in a row.
I'm gunna touch up a few points on the CK3 and send it all back to him.

Service with a Smile!

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia
These are the points I have in question. Primarily the F2 point. That is the point that I pressed down on and then it started extracting the key just fine. If anyone can confirm that this makes sense that would be great.

Either way I think I'm going to Pat myself on the back here!
that F2 on my CK3 Pro actually caught fire (due to faulty power supply) and is now gone..the ck3pro still works fine for probing and getting phatkey, but will not eject drive.. i have since bought a ck3i

not sure it that helps at all though

Last edited: