Help Please...Don’t Drink and Update

dwilson4

Noob Account
Aug 27, 2018
Hey all, I screwed up last night and could use your help. My son was playing the new Mario All-Stars. It would keep crashing. So, I had some friends over and was having some cocktails. I wasn’t thinking. I took the SD card out, rebooted into OFW and updated. I woke up and thought, I didn’t really do that, did I? Now, I have a 7 year old wanting to play his switch and I can’t get back into SXOS.

I put the jig back in, charged the dongle, pressed the power and volume button. That sweet SXOS logo doesn’t boot. It only goes to OFW. Can you help me get back to the SXOS world I love to live in? Help me Obi Wan Kinobi, you’re my only hope!

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Did you put SX OS 3.0.5 boot.dat on your SD card?

As well as support for OFW 10.2, the 3.0.5 update also fixes freezing / crashing issues with the new Mario game ;).

Last edited:

dwilson4

Noob Account
Aug 27, 2018
I had updated to that before I did the official firmware update. Should I download SXOS again?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
You should download SX OS 3.0.5 again and replace boot.dat on your SD card.

The SX OS recovery screen should display if you have the correct file on your SD card.

dwilson4

Noob Account
Aug 27, 2018
You should download SX OS 3.0.5 again and replace boot.dat on your SD card.

The SX OS recovery screen should display if you have the correct file on your SD card.
I'll give that a try
That worked! Thank you!!

Last edited: