Help required Xbox Xecuter 3

timegate

Noob Account
Mar 30, 2018
Hoping someone can help me out.

Have a Xbox original with Xecuter 3 control panel that has stopped loading custom bios, it always has worked fine up until now, but regardless of the button combination I try, the Xecuter light flashes blue 3 times and then then main console light flashes red green, and no picture on screen.

Holding power light turns red and boots original dash works fine.
Pressing power light turns blue flashes x3 and does nothing.
Holding power light and eject turns purple and boots custom firmware, but I cannot access config live with this method.

Can anyone shed some light on this or have any ideas, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

timegate

Noob Account
Mar 30, 2018
Been doing some research today.

Its possible my 2MB flash chip is corrupted, and i want to try and flash it again.
Is the backup bios a seperate memory chip to the main 2MB one, because the backup bios is kind of working, but i cannot load config live with it.
Is config live part of the bios you install or is it seperately part of the xecuter 3 modchip, and should it be loading with the backup bios if i hold the white button ?

Also i dont know which version of flashbios to use the xbox was made in 2005, its a 1.6 model, but i dont know if its 1.6 or 1.6 b,
And finally how do i know which bios to flash, does it matter as long as its a X3 bios, or does it have to be 1MB and flashed to bank 1234.

I'll keep googling, but any insight would be great.

timegate

Noob Account
Mar 30, 2018
Fixed the problem.
To answer some of my own questions, the flash wasnt corrupted it was a setting in cofig live giving no picture via standard av cable, the backup bios is seperate to the main bios, but is not flashed with an xecuter bios, so no config live, which i thought was the only way to flash.

Had to open the case to check which version the xbox was, by seeing what ram was installed you can get a good idea of your console version you have, mine is 1,6.

All is good, i now have 2 xecuter bioses on the main flash and a backup bios all working perfectly.

Now off to sell it.

Thanks for all the help.

Img_0882.jpg

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
good luck man, these things with x3 and screen are going for insane prices atm!
I've noticed. This is one item I have never possessed, and would like to get one some day.

Of course that would require someone selling for a reasonable price.

timegate

Noob Account
Mar 30, 2018
Hello, yeah sorry already have a potential buyer.
Didnt realize how rare they are fully modded and working, collectors must be stashing them under there beds.

Reactions: Game_Over

john mathews

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
peoria illinois
Hello, yeah sorry already have a potential buyer.
Didnt realize how rare they are fully modded and working, collectors must be stashing them under there beds.
its not the xbox console its self its the rare parts that are hard to find thats what costing a arm and a leg. i would love to see xecuter bring back some of those parts for the orginal xbox. i just did one not to long ago . cant find the lcd panel or xecuter 3 or i would have done this to my baby. thats in the closet.:tongue:

Last edited:

timegate

Noob Account
Mar 30, 2018
The parts are out there if your willing to pay
here is the chip and pro switch for $260 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Xecuter-3ce-Modchip-plus-Pro-switch-for-Original-Xbox/152966797830?hash=item239d881a06:g:vg4AAOSw~JRav~ki
here is the LCD screen for $160 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Xecuter-XLCD-for-Original-Xbox-X3-Modchips/152966803425?hash=item239d882fe1:g:nNoAAOSwp0Zav~ox
Or a complete console $600 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-Xecuter-3-Control-Panel-Halo-Version-X3CP/142742364569?hash=item213c1ba199:g:oUUAAOSwcO1akcZr

Noticed by looking at the one on ebay and mine the screens tend to have a little light bleed on the right hand side.

Dont think that screen you linked would work plus you would need a connector.

Personal opinion is i dont think xecuter should bring back the parts, the fact that something is sought after is because of its rarity.
take away the screen and the x3 is just another modchip, you can get a hard modded xbox like an x2 on ebay pretty cheap. people want that screen.

Last edited:

timegate

Noob Account
Mar 30, 2018
@Game_over Its around 15 years old, how much will it be worth in another 15 ? BUY IT NOW

Just joking $600 is a lot of money for an old console.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
@Game_over Its around 15 years old, how much will it be worth in another 15 ? BUY IT NOW

Just joking $600 is a lot of money for an old console.
I understand the high asking price due to rarity, but there is definitely a line where it becomes greedy to sell it for so much. I mean $300 is a price someone might actually bite on.

I am a console collector, this is just one item I want in my collection. I will find one some day.

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
i would think tx wouldn't be mad over something they no longer make anymore,but you can achieve something similar with an aladdin chip and a cheap lcd,i forgot model that works with it. def no where near as nice as what tx made,but tx stuff for that console is lil harder to find and alot pricier when ya can. demands up so much atm i would think it could warrant another production run, but they know a hell of alot more than me when it comes to cost of something like that. all i know is i have had almost 0 requests for og xbox stuff in past like 8-9 years and all sudden past year or so i been modding more og xboxs than 360 or anything else.

Reactions: Game_Over

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
It would be nice to see a legacy reproduction run from TX. Back when the og xbox was popular, I didn't own one. I didn't get my first original xbox until about 2 years ago. (now I have 4 of them) I did get a 360 on launch day though and fell in love with xbox at that time. I missed the bus I guess :D I will look into the Aladdin chip and LCD as you mention and see what I can do with that. It sounds like a fun challenge.

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
It would be nice to see a legacy reproduction run from TX. Back when the og xbox was popular, I didn't own one. I didn't get my first original xbox until about 2 years ago. (now I have 4 of them) I did get a 360 on launch day though and fell in love with xbox at that time. I missed the bus I guess :D I will look into the Aladdin chip and LCD as you mention and see what I can do with that. It sounds like a fun challenge.
it's def more of a "project" than what xecuter made. so it requires alot more work on your part. and also no dual nand,well technically you could set it to boot stock nand or chip,but what for these days? no more xbox live for it. and aladdin only has 256k so your limited as to what bios you can run. at the end of the day if ya have to have that screen and don't want to pay (i've seen chip and lcd alone go for up to 350) for it,then this is def a cheaper alternative,although its a pain in the ass to set up.

Porske

Noob Account
Mar 5, 2019
Italy
Fixed the problem.
To answer some of my own questions, the flash wasnt corrupted it was a setting in cofig live giving no picture via standard av cable, the backup bios is seperate to the main bios, but is not flashed with an xecuter bios, so no config live, which i thought was the only way to flash.

Had to open the case to check which version the xbox was, by seeing what ram was installed you can get a good idea of your console version you have, mine is 1,6.

All is good, i now have 2 xecuter bioses on the main flash and a backup bios all working perfectly.

Now off to sell it.

Thanks for all the help.
Hi
I have a similar problem, how did you solve?
This is my thread.

Please help!!!