GENERAL HELP!! Will rebuilding/flashing nand fix a falcon mobo stuck in update loop??

MATSTERMIND

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2013
I purchased a falcon xbox a few months ago that was stuck in an update loop the owner had tried to update it when it had a hitachi drive spoofed as a liteon.

this is the error i get

I installed a liteon flashed with the correct key and several firmware versions, and I have tried updating it with every dashboard from usb, and nothing changes how it responds.

I am just getting started with nand/jtag/rgh related stuff and am wondering if rebuilding/flashing a new nand will fix the update loop, or if there was any way to program a new dashboard. i dumped the nand and it says it is 13146. i have a glitcher on the way hoping that will help in some way.

i have researched this problem for a few months now and have not found any answers, so if anyone could help i would Really appreciate it!!

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Russia
I have tried updating it with every dashboard from usb
Did you try 13416 ver? :)
You can get the cpukey using RGH and build the any retail image 9199 - 14699

Last edited:

David Watters

VIP Member
Dec 6, 2011
winter haven, FL
^^lol beat me to it

its asking for the 13146 update, download that and put it on a fat32 formatted flash drive

flash the drive with lt3.0 and put it in the xbox, power it on and insert the flash drive

should complete fine then

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Russia
You can determine what ver to use by the error code:
Second error block = 0x335A = 13146

MATSTERMIND

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2013
Did you try 13416 ver? :)
You can get the cpukey using RGH and build the any retail image 9199 - 14699
yes i did try 13146, didn't work.

"You can get the cpukey using RGH and build the any retail image 9199 - 14699"

thanks, exactly what i wanted to hear. do you know of any detailed instructions for the process?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

^^lol beat me to it

its asking for the 13146 update, download that and put it on a fat32 formatted flash drive

flash the drive with lt3.0 and put it in the xbox, power it on and insert the flash drive

should complete fine then

I tried that, after flashing it to lt to lt3.0 and booted it, it started flashing 2 red lights, which i believe indicate that it has been flagged for a ban

MATSTERMIND

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2013
Try it with not spoofed BenQ drive.
RGH process is the same - XeLL build, Coolrunner soldering, getting key...

i never used a benq, i replaced the spoofed hitachi with an official liteon.

and i am new to the rgh scene, could you link to a good set of detailed instructions? i have a (not allowed to say matr1x?) nand programmer and a m-atri-x glitcher in the mail that should arrive soon.

Thanks!

Last edited:

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Russia
i never used a benq, i replaced the spoofed hitachi with an official liteon.

and i am new to the rgh scene, could you link to a good set of detailed instructions? i have a ****** nand programmer and a ****** glitcher in the mail that should arrive soon.

Thanks!
Try to find BenQ drive. It could help.
Or read all sticky topics in this forum (RGH 4 Noobs).

Also you can look my half finished interactive manual (in the signature, Freeboot part)

madhaxer

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2012
Arkansas USA
So you are asking for help on a TX product forum and your not even using TX products?

Reactions: frayed

MATSTERMIND

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2013
i can get tx products if i need them, but a friend had matri-x ones he didn't use anymore and let me have them for shipping cost. i thought it would be ok because i saw others asking about non tx products.

frayed

DINDU NUFFIN
VIP Member
Dec 22, 2010
A galaxy far far away....
i can get tx products if i need them, but a friend had matri-x ones he didn't use anymore and let me have them for shipping cost. i thought it would be ok because i saw others asking about non tx products.
if you want help you should get them TX products, and please show me where you seen someone get support with a non TX product

Reactions: madhaxer