Help with Corona 4GB NAND R/W kit (and Corrupted profile)

MegaIDK

Noob Account
Jul 24, 2019
Brasil
I quacked up the NAND trying to update (tried an online tutorial (Which I can look for if necessary), NAND shows as having 0MB) and so I bought one of those kits and sent it to a guy to get it soldered. The problem is I kinda don't know how it's supposed to work. It should be detected as removable media by the computer, right? What I know of the process is that I should put the SD part in and then flash it with J-Runner but the SD isn't being detected. I searched around and in some thread here in the forums a guy said the kit likes some adapters and dislikes others, maybe I just don't have a working adapter? (Would be weird, I have a lot, I've been trying them and they aren't working) Or maybe the flat cable isn't positioned correctly? (I pulled the little brown tabs and put the cable under them, contacts face down, then pressed them in) Also, should I plug it in?

Also as a separate issue and the reason I tried to update, the logged in profile would always show as corrupted. Every time I'd change profiles, the profile I changed to would show as corrupted. I read somewhere this is a sign that the xbox is banned, is this what happened?

Last edited:

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
BGA chip needs to be replaced. u could also convert it to a 16mb. but its cheaper to just get another console.

MegaIDK

Noob Account
Jul 24, 2019
Brasil
So could it be that the update failed because of the bad NAND chip?
Also, is there a way to be 100% sure that's the issue?

Last edited: