HITACHI 79 Help with flashin a Hitachi (dont know what one)

-jakex-

Aug 3, 2011
London - England
hi everyone.

i want to flash my 360 so i can play backup games.
but i have been trying for days to flash my hitachi but i just cant seem to do it. every tutorial says do this but dosent actually say how to do it.

so if anyone could help me id be really grateful.

thanks guys

jake

Gavin28

Jan 19, 2011
North West of England
Hitachi are one of the easiest to flash, if its a 79 you will need to make an unlock disk but the others don't need it, just follow the instructions in the Jungle Flasher manual - really is just a case of clicking buttons in jungle flasher, if its not working its most likely your SATA chipset isn't supported, i use a VIA SATA pci card with drivers removed and never had a problem with the 4 hitachis i've flashed

-jakex-

Aug 3, 2011
London - England
thanks but i cant find it in my computer. its a brand new dell from like 3 months ago. im connecting it to the sata inside the dell and the power is from the xbox. i just cant seem to get it working

any other advice

thanks
jake.

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
yeah it shows up in jungle flasher but i dont know how to get it in mode b.

i know u have to make a slax cd but i dont know how to do that.

open the drive with the eject button and power off the drive. click on the mode b button then power on. If it goes into mode b then the drive will close

dale;)

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
to make the cd - just download the 79 unlock from tx....burn the .cue file with imgburn ...only if u need to use a cd tho...if ur stuck for the files, pm me your email, and I'll send em on over

frayed

DINDU NUFFIN
VIP Member
Dec 22, 2010
A galaxy far far away....
from reading the OP and all his replies he is definetly NOT using the JF manual

try reading the manual in the JF/doc folder (more than once if you have too)

slax cd? seriously... read

-jakex-

Aug 3, 2011
London - England
i have used the mode b button in jungle flasher but it still dosent work i done everythin like it told me to but it dosent work. this is soo f**ked up there should just be a video of someone doing it but there isnt ther is just the stupid text documents that dont help at all.

if u have any more help plzz msg me back. thanks.

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
lol - well when the title says not sure which one....fills u with confidence lol......
find your exact drive rev first, and then check the link in my sig for the tutorial - you can't go wrong bud

There are videos in my links ;)

Last edited:

tsquad131

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2010
Tampa Fl
There is actually video guides on how to do it in the forums but you need a ck3 lite or pro to power the drive it's a lot more work using the Xbox to power it. Also you need to look on the drive label to see which one you have too before you go any further

tommytenbellies

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2011
County Galway
whats a slax cd? Cant say ive heard of one of them ? lol I flashed a Hitachi 79 following jf tut recently and apart from a few errors of my own doing being a noob myself, had no problems. Sorry for not being of any actual assistance !!!!!