Help with installing NSP games

Jayce123

Noob Account
Nov 14, 2018
So I downloaded and successfully installed three NSP games but they do not show up in the album, only in the top area and they have a cloud with a arrow pointing down icon on them. When I click on any of them it says they need the software. Is there a guide or am I missing a simple step? Thanks.

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
only xci appears in the Ablum, what is you firmware version? you might not be able to play games that requires a higher firmware version when installed using the Installer

Reactions: Jayce123

Jayce123

Noob Account
Nov 14, 2018
I think I have the newest firmware, where do I check? What is the process for playing a NSP game if not from the album? Thanks

Jayce123

Noob Account
Nov 14, 2018
I have installed them, it says 'successfully installed' but when I click on them it says 'you must have the software in order to play' I can see them on the SD card and I see them in the just played, just installed area. Is there a video tutorial I can look at to see if I am doing something dumb? Thanks.

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
I think I have the newest firmware, where do I check? What is the process for playing a NSP game if not from the album? Thanks
try install one of those games to internal storage, if it works then there mught be something wrong with your microsd (maybe fake microsd)

deceptorx

Noob Account
Nov 15, 2018
try install one of those games to internal storage, if it works then there mught be something wrong with your microsd (maybe fake microsd)

I too have the same problem, however, I had installed them and played the NSP games fine (i.e. celeste, inside, etc...) about a few weeks ago. Now, they have a cloud icon and when clicked it say I have to download them again. Does that mean these games that are now flagged need to be updated to get over this new ban?

Thanks for your help.

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
I too have the same problem, however, I had installed them and played the NSP games fine (i.e. celeste, inside, etc...) about a few weeks ago. Now, they have a cloud icon and when clicked it say I have to download them again. Does that mean these games that are now flagged need to be updated to get over this new ban?

Thanks for your help.
it probably means the files got corrupted, is your micro sd exfat and you used the Cheat Searcher or used some kinds of homebrew?

guism0

Noob Account
Feb 28, 2019
quebec
I got same probleme someone find something ?

i got place on the memory card
the game is succesful install no error
when i try open the game i got a cloud icon and he ask me to go in nintendo shop for install the game

Should i update my sx os i am on V2.2.1
or my console my switch ver : 6.1.0

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
If you have the cloud icon it means the console cannot find the game files. Most likely, as mentioned above, corruption on your SD card or you installed the games on your sysnand and then created an emunand and did not rename you Nintendo folder or even you installed the games on your emunand, but for some reason now are booted to your sysnand.

I would back you files up, License.dat etc..., reformat to fat32 if possible, copy 1 backup to the SD and try again. If it works then keep adding your backups until you see the issue again or hopefully you won't.

guism0

Noob Account
Feb 28, 2019
quebec
I take a backup of my licence.dat, license-request.dat and boot.dat and i put only on game i install he done without error but when i try start is say

plz go to nintendo shop install the game

Is possible some game need 6.x.x or more for working ? should i update my switch firmware ?

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Yes depending on how new the game is. Are you not on 6.2?

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
You can use ChoijudourNX to update to 6.2 and try again.

guism0

Noob Account
Feb 28, 2019
quebec
Warning - Mention of piracy
Ok i solve it thx for all i succes to upgrade the firmware at 6.2 but he do same thing !

The problem was me ..... the nsp was a update for the game.... so i must downlaod the game and put the nsp update i was sure my nsp was the game and not a update for the game

thx :)

bela.favor

Apr 11, 2020
germany
So I downloaded and successfully installed three NSP games but they do not show up in the album, only in the top area and they have a cloud with a arrow pointing down icon on them. When I click on any of them it says they need the software. Is there a guide or am I missing a simple step? Thanks.
scrabble word finder
Is possible some game need 6.x.x or more for working ? should i update my switch firmware ?

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
The very latest games even ask for FW 10.x.x
No reason to not update your console.

What's the point staying in a very old firmware now that we know every Switch can be modded in a way or another.