ANSWERED Help with Jtag (noob freindly answers only)

faithXwolf

Noob Account
Aug 23, 2010
Okay I'm getting a jtag I have 3 Xboxes one normal 360 bought last Christmas of 09 I am looking to buy another simply because I can. I am also getting the new halo reach Xbox 360. now I have been looking and looking and looking for ever (and by forever I mean about 4 hours) for a pre Jtagged 360 from a trust worthy site and not just some user on a forum. I found kits on this site but do I need to solder and do I need that other Nand thing what is it? do I need it? do I just need the jtag chip? how do I know what model 360 I am buying? what one should I buy? if I can't find that one is there a second best one? and how much should a pre made be? should I buy the 360 and a chip instead from here? I just need to I run things such as aimbots nodded maps and custom user created soft ware any help? include links to places plz.

steven007

May 10, 2010
Hi
the jtag is not a chip its a set of parts/tools that allow you to write a hacked dash to the consoles existing nand chip,when done you can then run custom dashboards like freestyle dash etc...

First off if you are jtagging a console yourself you will need an exploitable console, as they are not all exploitable you need to find one thats got a dashboard version 7371 or lower. You can find this out in the console settings, if the dash version is higher than 7371 then it cant be jtagged. more info here

Now if you manage to find an exploitable console then you need some soldering tools to do the job

when you have an exploitable console follow this Jtag installation guide

If you are not familiar with soldering then i dont recommend you do it yourself either buy one pre jtagged or get someone to do your exploitable console for you.

Reactions: BGAMods

MasterCyc

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Northern Ireland
Hi
the jtag is not a chip its a set of parts/tools that allow you to write a hacked dash to the consoles existing nand chip,when done you can then run custom dashboards like freestyle dash etc...

First off if you are jtagging a console yourself you will need an exploitable console, as they are not all exploitable you need to find one thats got a dashboard version 7371 or lower. You can find this out in the console settings, if the dash version is higher than 7371 then it cant be jtagged. more info here

Now if you manage to find an exploitable console then you need some soldering tools to do the job

If you are not familiar with soldering then i dont recommend you do it yourself either buy one pre jtagged or get someone to do your exploitable console for you.
Nods :D

Hi

Its good you could understand what he asked ;). I think he should try to get his questions a little more non-noob friendly :p, I couldn't understand anything faithXwolf said/asked above :rolleyes:

faithXwolf

Noob Account
Aug 23, 2010
Its good you could understand what he asked ;). I think he should try to get his questions a little more non-noob friendly :p, I couldn't understand anything faithXwolf said/asked above :rolleyes:
Sorry if you could not understand I was in a hurry and did not thoroughly go through spelling and making sure my points got across in a way any one could just read and understand. Also it's not that I need "noob friendly" It's just that it seems people will put information that they assume people already know in it. What I'm trying to say is that incase I did not know something that is common knowledge for console modifications then it would be in their answer.

faithXwolf

Noob Account
Aug 23, 2010
Okay it seems as though the prices for jtags are $500 and up and I don't really feel like paying that much for it so is there another thing that allows you to play user created content.