XGD3 HITACHI drive with LT2.0 = no xgd3 at all?

panpot

Noob Account
May 23, 2012
hi,
i have a Hitachi GDR-3120L fw47 Drive with LT2.0 since there’s no 3.0 for it.

i’ve tried many ways to burn maxpayne3 / MW3 / forza4 (changing settings on abgx for XGD3 games on LT2.0; new XBC that supports this drive; PPF-O-Matic 4.4.2; … ) and truncate on imgburn since it asks for games with more than 8.5gb to truncate / overburn.. but now i know i shouldnt be truncating, but i dont have a IHAS drive…

is there any way to burn those games and play it on my xbox?

thanks

panpot

Noob Account
May 23, 2012
i read the notes and i know it cant read truncated discs, but i asked for a possible solution not for what i can't do.. thanks anyway

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
my answer was a solution if you thought about it

Q: how do you avoid truncating discs?
A: iHas burner + burnermax fw

if you think about the concepts while you do these sorts of modifications, it makes the process much easier

reading, learning, and comprehension aren't just things you are falsely taught to be important in school

they are real-world concepts, and they affect every-day life

panpot

Noob Account
May 23, 2012
thanks for your psycology/sociology/life lessons.

once again, and for other possible helping user, without the burner max what can ido?
XBC a possibility?

nobb123

VIP Member
Jan 21, 2011
England
XBC will rip your retail discs into an ISO.

You cant get a full burn of an XBGD3 game without burnermax firmware on an iHas drive.

You should read up on this because this has been asked 100s of times and been answered 100s of times.

panpot

Noob Account
May 23, 2012
XBC will rip your retail discs into an ISO.

You cant get a full burn of an XBGD3 game without burnermax firmware on an iHas drive.

You should read up on this because this has been asked 100s of times and been answered 100s of times.

i searched for it, but with my conditions and with the new XBC with support for my drive i thought it could be a way to do it since.

another thing, i wasnt burning any games since "wave patcher" where i converted WAVE3 to WAVE2 and then i could play on my iXtreme 1.4, there's anything like this for XGD3 into XGD2? i thought XBC was something like that..

dantun

BANNED
Oct 8, 2011
Leeds, UK
Dont u think if there was a solution u would have been told as said Hitachi drives do NOT support truncated disks at all read the release info man

calczz

Dec 21, 2011
1)Buy another xbox ?

2)Play the original.... assuming you have it, which you should.

3)Find a ihas.

KhaineGB

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2011
Liverpool, UK
i searched for it, but with my conditions and with the new XBC with support for my drive i thought it could be a way to do it since.

another thing, i wasnt burning any games since "wave patcher" where i converted WAVE3 to WAVE2 and then i could play on my iXtreme 1.4, there's anything like this for XGD3 into XGD2? i thought XBC was something like that..
There is no solution.

An XGD3 game is an XGD3 game. Converting it to XGD2 would likely break the signature or something (since the only way I can think of doing it would be to rip the file structure out, build an ISO and then burn it) , so you're just going to have to stump up the cash for an iHAS.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
We are provided with new methods for a reason - do you think the developers of this stuff release them just for the sake of it?

Purchase the necessary hardware/media, read the instructions here on the forum and you won't have any issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: cab0747