Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
This video tutorial was compiled on a system using:

Jungle Flasher: v0.1.79
iXtreme: LT+ (Latest Hitachi Version)
SATA: VIA 6421 - Drivers installed and enabled (WINAPI METHOD)
360 DVD: Hitachi GDR-3120L ROM VER 47 (STOCK FW) (Same method works on all ROM VER except v79)
Powered By: Xecuter CK3 Pro (ModeB ON - RED LED)

http://team-xecuter.com/video/hitachi/non79ltplus/

Artxx

Dec 8, 2010
Re: Hitachi GDR-3120L (ALL ROM VER EXCEPT 79) - How To Flash iXtreme v1.51

Useful Video this is for Noobs :p

KeNZeRo84

Jul 26, 2010

Press SHIFT+CTRL+F12 to enable PortIO mode. Depending on your chipset, you may get better results with this selected than WinAPI.

Do NOT use PORTIO mode for Hitachi's connected to NForce chipsets. I've only tested this on VIA 6421 so use this at your own risk!
When must I press it in jungle flasher or when windows is booting up ?

Thank you in advance ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

rico-ilha

VIP Member
Aug 8, 2010
BRASIL

please take me one question before ixtreme flash should not restore to the original firmware?

marshamods

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
ohio

you always have to restore to orginal fw before upgrading. Its a snap now with the new jungleflasher though. Detailed directions stated in jf tut.

DaMacFunkin

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2005
Problem i had last week was trying to update a flashed hitachi to LT+, i hadnt done it originally so i dont know what version of ixtreme was in the system, the drive said on it it was a 49dj, but jungleflasher was identifying it as a 78. I couldnt get jungleflasher to read the hitachi, or restore it to a 78 so i had to assume it was spoofed as a 78, the only thing that i was able to get was the key which showed in the status window ( i then verified this key by flashing and spoofing a benq drive to 78fk and testing). i couldnt get jungle flasher to restore 49 software to the drive, jungle flasher just hung the said ram upload failed... i tried winapi and port i/o, does jungleflasher need updating to better identify spoofed hitachis, seems alot of people have problems with them.
Thanks.

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Problem i had last week was trying to update a flashed hitachi to LT+, i hadnt done it originally so i dont know what version of ixtreme was in the system, the drive said on it it was a 49dj, but jungleflasher was identifying it as a 78. I couldnt get jungleflasher to read the hitachi, or restore it to a 78 so i had to assume it was spoofed as a 78, the only thing that i was able to get was the key which showed in the status window ( i then verified this key by flashing and spoofing a benq drive to 78fk and testing). i couldnt get jungle flasher to restore 49 software to the drive, jungle flasher just hung the said ram upload failed... i tried winapi and port i/o, does jungleflasher need updating to better identify spoofed hitachis, seems alot of people have problems with them.
Thanks.
Actually no. Only those that don't know what they are doing have problems.

You missed one big piece of info - you didnt tell us what the drive REALLY was. there is a big sticker on the drive with the ROM version ;)

It is very easy to spoof/unspoof and very easy to return to stock.

da12641

Noob Account
May 30, 2010
True, it is easy once you get JungleFlasher to see everything. The hardest part is getting all those parts to be recognize by JF. I could not get my Hitachi 59 to show in the DVD/CD-ROM drive in Device Manager region. Just several minutes prior to this, I was able to flashed to "stock" using older version of JF without issues. With the WinAPI method, JF sees the Hitachi 59 drive in the "Port Properties" section but not listed upper right "Drive" section.

UPDATE: JF now able to see drive but not long enough to complete the flashing process. It freezes. Anyways, on last attempt, was able to flash to LT with one flash sector failed. It seems to play all the games OK.

Last edited:

DaMacFunkin

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2005
Actually no. Only those that don't know what they are doing have problems.

You missed one big piece of info - you didnt tell us what the drive REALLY was. there is a big sticker on the drive with the ROM version ;)

It is very easy to spoof/unspoof and very easy to return to stock.
Sorry, the drive was a 47 spoofed to a 78, my bad i know there isnt a 49 drive, was very stressed 3 weeks ago, any way you say it is easy to unspoof a 47, i say not, most people on here cant even flash a 47, never mind unspoof it, everything i tried it constantly said ram upload faled, or poke upload failed (or whatever) tried winapi and port i/o, two other machines i have lying about just totally froze trying to dump / restore it, i even got my really old xecuter usb adapter out, that should let me restore a 47 right? wrong, tried the old garyopa restore.bat and it died.