hitachi v47 wont read some discs. assistance needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnyone

Noob Account
Feb 10, 2019
lithuania
hello there
recently i got a phat xbox with a broken liten dvd so i extracted dvd key and picked my spare hitachi drive and flashed lt+ 2.0 into it.
i had some backups and some original discs already made but only 1 backup and 1 original game seems to work (lego pirates of the carribean and tekken6) and gta v original disc or nfs rivals backup wont start, it gives disk is unreadable error"
as far as i have read, hitachis lower than v79 dont like xdg3 games but some people manage to run them so i want to ask what should i do to make it play gta v etc

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
my guess is that the discs that wont work have the latest ap2.5 challenges for security. the hitachi 47 does not do those challenges but the liteon does. so if your xbox had a liteon shipped with it it will not bypass those challeneges because it knows it shipped with a drive that does them,so it fails.in short get a new liteon drive and flash it or just move the pcb from that liteon to a working liteon drive.

Reactions: Game_Over

JustAnyone

Noob Account
Feb 10, 2019
lithuania
ok then, next question
it seems that i have two liteons but one is model dg-16d2s (broken) and another is dg-16d2s-09c (spare one)
will pcb swap work this time?

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
ok then, next question
it seems that i have two liteons but one is model dg-16d2s (broken) and another is dg-16d2s-09c (spare one)
will pcb swap work this time?
yes,hardware is same,just diff firmware versions which is dependant on firmware on board itself.

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L 46DH (NO AP25 TECHNOLOGY)
Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L 47DG (NO AP25 TECHNOLOGY)
Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L 47DJ (NO AP25 TECHNOLOGY)
Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L 59DJ (NO AP25 TECHNOLOGY)
Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L 78FK (HAS AP25 TECHNOLOGY)
Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L 79FK (HAS AP25 TECHNOLOGY)
Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L 79FL (HAS AP25 TECHNOLOGY)
Hitachi-LG DL10N 0500 (HAS AP25 TECHNOLOGY)
thank you for the advice, everything went ok.
but just a question, is it possible to make hitachi read ap2.5 games or not?
What does AP25 mean?
AP25 is short for “AntiPiracy25”, and is the term given to a type of disc copy protection used on the Xbox 360. It is an attempt by Microsoft to prevent backups from booting. The protection came into action at the end of 2010.

Which DVD drives support and use AP25?
All drives except for:
Samsung – all
Hitachi – v59 and lower

My drive doesn’t support AP25, will I be affected?
No, assuming your drive is not spoofed.
If your drive is spoofed then it may be affected, read on for spoofing information.

Which games are AP25-active?
It depends on your current dashboard version. There is a list at the top of this post or you can find a more detailed list here. These will show you which dashboard version the games are active in.

Which dashboard versions are actively implementing AP25 checks for known games?
12416 – but not when installed with this AP25 bypass method
12611 and all subsequent versions

My dashboard version is older than these but my drive supports AP25 – will I be affected?
Not directly, but many games require a minimum dashboard version to work. The required System Update is on the disc. Some of these required dashboard versions are actively implementing AP25 for specific games. Note: Even if a game requires a particular dash version to work and that dash happens to be implementing AP25, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the game itself is AP25-activated in that dash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Game_Over

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
thank you for the advice, everything went ok.
but just a question, is it possible to make hitachi read ap2.5 games or not?
hitachi 59 and lower can read xgd3 format and ap2.5 just fine,it depends on if the box shipped with a drive that it knows does the checks. in your case your nand on box knows it shipped with a drive that does ap2.5 checks,so it carries out the checks,and hitachi drives arent capable of doing the checks so it cant and fails to start the game. so you will not get a samsung or hitachi 59 or lower to read ap2.5 games in that box,period.

Status
Not open for further replies.