how can I Safely backup eshop games

Drahz

Jul 26, 2020
Virginia, USA
Can someone point me to a howto dump my eshop games and safely download them?
I was thinking the best way would be to boot to OG firmware but if yall think it's safe to just use CFW please let me know and why. This switch is a secondary console and always need to go online for a ticket. Is there anything i can do to make it so the games will play 100% offline and for every user on that switch? I then Dumper takes care of that but I was worried about going on the eshop since my entire library is DLC and getting baned. I'm sick of how they won't let my kids play games as them on any family account.
oh I did the Emunand software boot with files (not hidden partition so it wouldn't wipe my SD) and when I boot to CFW it sees my games but shows a cloud. When I boot to og firmware it shows the games are playable. I'm confused and don't want to just jump in and download since I'm not familiar with what's going on here.
sorry total noob questions I know.
I found my answer here https://team-xecuter.com/community/...-downloaded-games-on-cfw.132264/#post-1013635

Last edited:

Drahz

Jul 26, 2020
Virginia, USA
Disregard my last post.

Currently there is no way for ME to backup eShop games I LEGALLY own. That was the ONLY reason I got this chip in the first place. on your fourms here it looks like that is possible but on inspection Dumper won't dump sh*t that isn't a cart.

All I get is the message that the software isn't on my switch and I need to download it again. but when I boot to OWF it's there. SX Dumper shows ALL Eshop content as a cartridge with the icon above and won't dump sh*t. I'm sorry but that's just sh*tty....

Also because I'm from an IT support background I got more criticism.

Yall admins need to be typing your replies as if it's going to be submitted to a knowledge database and not like a conversation. This will save you thousands of hours moderating wen people can search for their answers. Also this makes for a solid sticky when you get a real solution.

Also no one is uploading anything to the resources page here, how are we as users supposed to track versions of apps or roll back to an old download if they're not available? again you're creating more work for yourselves.

Look if you all need help I do this for a living, but I'm going to want to get paid for my work and 'm not cheap.

Also where is all the SDK information or info about programming stuff myself?

EDIT: My apologies, I think I understand my issue. I will link to a solution and chill the F out.

Last edited:

mickgrady

Sep 25, 2018
I have successfully done this but it is quite a lengthy procedure. You first need a clean sysnand where you can download your games from the eshop and you will need to make the console your primary console before doing this.

1 Make a NAND backup
2 Remove the SD card and boot into SYSNAND
3 Download any games you want from the eshop
4 Once downloaded, power off, insert SD card then restart and go to the SX OS optons menu
5 Select create emunand on SD card (make sure you have enough space on the card).
6 Boot into emunand
7 You need a program to dump the games, SX Installer or Tinfoil (I use Tinfoil)
8 Run this program and select the games you want to dump - they will be on your SD card in a folder somewhere in either in SX Installer or Tinfoil
9 Power off, insert SD card and boot into SX Options menu and restore the NAND. Once done, remove the SD card.

You should now have a clean NAND. This has worked for me many times but you follow this at your own risk and I can't guarantee you won't get banned, but over the past few years I have not been banned using this method.

Good luck