LITEON DG-16D4S - SLIM How do I make a non matching dvd drive work?

teknogod17

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2013
I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT LITEON DRIVE I HAVE SO I JUST PICKED RANDOMLY IN PREFLIX
Ok so I purchased a xbox with no dvd drive I rgh it and works great but since the dvd drives cd key and the one on the motherboard do not match it does not work. So From what I can tell there are two ways to fix this either change the dvd drives dvd key to match motherboard or rewrite the nand with the dvd drives dvd key the only problem is that I don't have the drives dvd key. I have tried plugging it in to my pc by powering it by the xbox and plugging it in to my pc but jungleflasher does not recognize it. Since i'm running rgh is there a way to read the key from the drive. and also the dvd key in xell is not the drives dvd key its the one on the board. so any alternatives or ways to do this?

- - - Updated - - -

Also is there anyway to do this without buying something?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Provided you have a compatible SATA port on your PC, Jungleflasher should be able to read your DVD drive just fine. Failing that, get an x360USBPro which will do the job flawlessly.

I get concerned when people knowingly buy consoles not working then append their help request with a statement saying they don't want to spend any extra money sorting it, since the two very rarely go together.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
I want full functionality at a fraction of the price, and I want it now.

Sad times for society.

teknogod17

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2013
I knew that I could make it work but my pc does not detect the drive. I have a very new pc gaming system I built so I know which ports are what? I heard that the drive needs to be unlocked for it to read on the pc but it cant be unlocked because the xbox does not have the correct dvd key Ile try plugging it in again and post resuiotls