How do I restore my original nand with nand-x to remove e79 error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8man124

Mar 31, 2011
I have a falcon motherboard. I have the nand x with qsb and are successfully soldered. the nand x can read the nand without any errros along with writing xell/xellous. I used the alternate jtag points along with the jtag qsb used here here . for the red wire, i used option b, tried booting xell, failed, then tried c which is the current configuration. Still no dice. So anyways :eek: looking around i might have done something unresponsible because i used the latest jtag tool and clicked write xell about 4x and xellous 2x. Im not exactly sure what that did, but either time the xbox didnt boot and went to e79. the qsb jtag was set at off the entire writing/booting process. Im certain my soldering is correct. So, how can i restore the original nand that i have to the xbox so i can start all over? or, and i know people have asked this before, what else can i do to solve the e79 error?
Edit: The xbox was made in 07 never been to MS on 7371 dash. Self repaired e74 error

Last edited:

J2G

VIP Member
May 13, 2010
90°N
www.esl-communications.com
I don't know what your up to ether but i see your writing xell about 4x and xellous 2x.. huh why.. to write a original nand back do you have the CPU Key anyway i'll make a quick answer as i need sleep someone else will help you i'm sure...

Open Jtag Tool Select console type

enter CPU Key

Click Write Bin

Select Your Original Nand and off it goes but somehow i think its not going to be like that for you anyway night night.

Last edited:

yamackbuddy4

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2010
Waukegan IL.
You may not agree but 9 out of 10 your soldering isnt proper. I use no quick solder boards just wires and diodes but E79 always with me has been solder related or diodes on backwards.

sk8man124

Mar 31, 2011
i will post pictures. what do i use photoshack?
jtag qsb set to off. both wires cut to alternate points shown in other picture
different angle. Not picturing the NAND boards. both write and read with no errors whats the need.
back side alternate points made from the link i posted originally. the two wires near eachother are NOT touching take my word for it. couldnt get camera to focus. should i try regular points?

Last edited:

J2G

VIP Member
May 13, 2010
90°N
www.esl-communications.com
what program do i use? jtag tool only has write xell and xellous
Buddy you ether need to take a break from it or you need sleep .... :rolleyes:

i used the latest jtag tool
Jtag Tool has more then write xell and xellous alot more this is Jtag Tool and i marked where write bin is ...

But you need to get your Key by writing xell and before you wrote xell did dump your nand more then once and make sure that they were a good match did they have bad blocks or were the clean.
All this needs to be spot on before you attempt to write to you nand also have you tested your solder points with a multimeter for a good continuity.

Last edited:
Since you say that soldering is fine, did you select the Alternate SMC option in Jtag Tool before you wrote XeLL/XeLLous to the NAND? Also, did you put the switch on the Jtag QSB to "0" or "330/470" before trying to boot XeLL/XeLLous?

sk8man124

Mar 31, 2011
alright. ill resolder the points and use flux and make sure that theres no shorting. do i have to do anything with the jtag switch before writing xell? i had 3 clean dumps before i wrote xell and once i knew i wrote it too much a wrote a clean .bin file to it. should i change the setting in shrimps tool to aud clamp + dvd?

^ Since you're using the Alternate Jtag configuration, YES, you have to change the setting in Jtag Tool to AUD_CLAMP + DVD, otherwise you'll get E79, like you have been getting till now.

sk8man124

Mar 31, 2011
okk! sorry for this but since i dont have the red wire spliced to the dvd and its under the board, do i still use +dvd? and does the dvd need to be plugged in at all times? and the JTAG QSB is set to 0 before writing?

Last edited:
After all....

Anyways, have fun with the Jtag ;)

[Thread Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.