How does SX OS find .xci games?

deltamind106

Feb 7, 2012
Boston, MA, USA
So I had dumped all of my cartridges to a micro SD card, and the dumper put the .xci files in a folder called "\sxos\xci". The .xci files worked great from that folder, which is where the dumper put them.

Then I ran out of space on that micro SD card, so I bought a new 512 GB micro SD card. Of course I copied the .xci files onto the new card and put them in the same folder "\sxos\xci". However, now the SX OS game launcher doesn't find the .xci games any more on the new mirco SD card. I then moved all the .xci files to the root of the micro SD card, and then they appeared in the game launcher and now they work fine.

So the question is, why was it finding .xci games in the \sxos\xci folder on my old SD card, but not finding them there on the new SD card? Is there some configuration where you tell the game launcher where to look for .xci files?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
It should still work in that location. Did you change SX version when moving to the new SD? Also did you reformat the new SD before using it?

Reactions: MrRochie

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
This will be somewhat annoying, but if you redump one of the games while using the new SD does it show up?

deltamind106

Feb 7, 2012
Boston, MA, USA
The new card is formated with FAT32 just like the old card. The version of SX OS is the same on both cards, it is 2.5.3.

If I dump the game again with the new card, the game goes into the folder /sxos/xci and the game works from there. But all the other games that I didn't dump with the new card have to be in the root folder.

Clearly there is some configuration somewhere on the card that is telling SX OS which games to find in the /sxos/xci folder. But where is that configuration?

Support Our Sponsors