SAMSUNG MS28 How to calibrate pot with digital multimeter ?

ahmedss79

Sep 3, 2011
Jeddah
I could only find a sanwa digital multimeter it was 30$ the other models are over a hundred and the are others low quality less than 15$
I asked someone who uses them and he told me to set it to auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frayed

DINDU NUFFIN
VIP Member
Dec 22, 2010
Stuck in your tub
you could always follow the pot tweak tutorial and read what it says to set your meter too

auto is not the answer

btw, pot tweak is only a temporary solution

piromaniac

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Molex tower

capsone

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2011
you should never have to poy tweak a new drive if its new and its having problems reading disks return it

MrZolan

Dec 5, 2011
What everyone said is true. If it is indeed a refurb return that thing for an exchange you should never have to tweak a new/refurb drive. And if you are tweaking it now and you drop down to 2.8 ohms you will be lucky to get a year more likely 3-6months on a lucky day.

As far as the Multi Meter goes I have different ones from Flukes to Harbor freight $5.00 Specials and to be honest I use the Harbor Freight a lot because it has the smallest tips to really get it those tight spaces and I can leave it anywhere and not worry about it walking away. Set it to Ohms 20k and do NOT go below 2.8 ever.

boo95q

Noob Account
Sep 20, 2012
Oklahoma City
I just did the pot tweak on my Samsung because it wouldn't read backups. Thank goodness for the tutorial on how to do it, because my drive works much better now. I guess it's only a temporary cure, from what others have said, though.