How to configure nut for USB instalation

airb05

Noob Account
Nov 26, 2018
Help i don't get where to put my nsp on nut folder, i want to instal via USB cable, i already install everything with pip run de command nut.py --usb but on sx installer i don't see my nsp, don't link me to the github i don't get that, quote me a guide i don't know, but pls help!

vertigo

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2018
make sure the NSP's are somewhere under nut's directory so it can find them, or just edit nut.conf's scanPath to the directory your NSP's are. you can find a list of the NSP files nut finds by looking in titledb/files.json, if your nsps's are not in that file, nut wont list them.

Also make sure you install the zadig driver for windows:

# 1. Download Zadig from https://zadig.akeo.ie/.
# 2. With your switch plugged in and SX Installer running, choose "List All Devices" under the options menu in Zadig, and select libnx USB comms.
# 3. Choose libusbK from the driver list and click the "Replace Driver" button.
# 4. Run this script

airb05

Noob Account
Nov 26, 2018
make sure the NSP's are somewhere under nut's directory so it can find them, or just edit nut.conf's scanPath to the directory your NSP's are. you can find a list of the NSP files nut finds by looking in titledb/files.json, if your nsps's are not in that file, nut wont list them.

Also make sure you install the zadig driver for windows:

# 1. Download Zadig from https://zadig.akeo.ie/.
# 2. With your switch plugged in and SX Installer running, choose "List All Devices" under the options menu in Zadig, and select libnx USB comms.
# 3. Choose libusbK from the driver list and click the "Replace Driver" button.
# 4. Run this script
but i don't get where, there should be a default path to put them because i don't know, on nuts github it say's i should already know that, you said somewhere, please where is somewhere

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
From the Github:
Configuration
All configuration is done via nut.conf.
Paths
Configures how you want nut to store (and organize) your files. By default:
Base Games: titles/{name}[{id}][v{version}].nsp
DLC: titles/DLC/{name}[{id}][v{version}].nsp
Updates: titles/updates/{name}[{id}][v{version}].nsp
Demos: titles/demos/{name}[{id}][v{version}].nsp
Demo Updates: titles/demos/updates/{name}[{id}][v{version}].nsp

nspOut _NSPOUT
scan (folder) .

So, I would assume that since I havnt tried this, it wants the files in the folder <Nut DIR>/titles/<Choose from above>

For what it is worth the information on github for this project and how to use this project is pretty detailed, and straightforward. What you are asking about was at the top of the configuration section of the Readme. If you still dont get it, then please find a new hobby, because if you dont understand this, you are out of your league. We are not here to spoon feed information to people, especially for projects that arent TX specific.