How To Cut The Liteon PCB Traces

Genocide112

May 26, 2010
Re: Making the two cuts on your liteon

man...you posted this the day after i did mine! :eek: no worries, mine went smoothly anyway thanks to the text guide and a bit of help from flashing360, useful video though! :)

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
I think this should be stuck right at the top of the main forum page. with the probe 2 video as well,
mind you, even with them being the first thing seen, people will balls it up.:D
great little video.

x6842x

Noob Account
Jul 5, 2010
Wait, i dont get it. Your supposed to...??? jk jk man nice job!!! it is cuz if detailed videos like this that i even attempt some of this stuff.

baffled

Noob Account
Jul 9, 2010
Nice video tut indeed tj ;)

Is that it... just 2 small cuts at the pads !!?

I ask because i fail to understand (from wot ive seen) why people are going through so much trouble making multiple cuts just to bridge the thing whit copper wire afterwards ! while you just need to apply solder or conductive glue on the 2 cuts to bridge everything !! Am i right.. i mean thats al wot it need to read / write the keys..

in a nutshell:

1. clean up (whit fiber pen right?)
2. make the 2 cuts
3. read out
4. close the gaps/cuts whit solder/glue

Am i about on the right track to do it myself ?

have modded first gen liteons before whit probes and adapters ... but never need to solder or cut anything iam afraid !

So need some confirmation about my view on things .

I might want to purchase another probe for the new drives :D if that is all that it takes to read out and flash the new drives!

edit: i also wanted to ask the following. I have read concerning things about banned boxes. Appearantly the boxes arent only banned from live but now there are also severe consequences to the functionality of it too !! Like gamesave & profiles getting corrupted because of the ban!! Am i right and is all the date lost unretrievable / corrupt / gone if you arent up to the task to use the nand cripple fix or something i have read in the line ?

Again thank you all,

cheers,

Last edited:

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
Yes your in a nutshell is correct, it's a simple procedure to cut the traces and repair but people do struggle with it.
Regarding banned xbox's, at the time of being banned the profile is corrupt which causes problems if you move a hard drive from a banned box to Xbox live. There are a number of tuts you can find on how to resolve it.

baffled

Noob Account
Jul 9, 2010
Yes your in a nutshell is correct, it's a simple procedure to cut the traces and repair but people do struggle with it. <br />
Regarding banned xbox's, at the time of being banned the profile is corrupt which causes problems if you move a hard drive from a banned box to Xbox live. There are a number of tuts you can find on how to resolve it.
<br />
<br />
So, if i understand you correct by the time i find out iam banned my profile is already affected by the ban to and is corrupt (since you need to loggin to find out if you are still connectable or banned !) ! NOw, wot if had backed up my profile to a memcard (before bann) and delete the banned profile from my hard drive and put the profile (good backup) back to my hard drive woud that fix everything ?

I mean, my game saves woudnt work either since they are linked to the one profile that has become corrupted ! This is scarry, imagen gamesaves from hundreds hours long (rpg/adventure games and such) not usable anymore because of that ban !! that sucks big time!!

I ask , because i have found an read an couple of work arrounds ... But people also mentioned in the tutorial that the workarround works temporarely and have to be redone every time when moving your profile or the harddisk whit that tainted profile on it over to another new box !!!

Now i have second thoughts !

but thanks thoug cheers,

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
Fortunatley its the xbox which is banned not the profile. What happends is that when you move it from a banned box to xbox live, it will ask you to recover your gamer tag. You do that, it download the last known good profile to your hard drive and non of the acheivements you earned whilst offline are uploaded.
There are two types of work around.

One is that you have to monkey about with your profile, similar idea to what you already assume
http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51662&highlight=uncorrupt+profile,

the other is more permanat so you dont have to do it every time
http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51814

The tutorials for both methods can be found on this web site.

Last edited:

baffled

Noob Account
Jul 9, 2010
@modmonster, I have found those 2 tutorials earlier but thanks. Its because of how complicated things are now to salvage game saves or profiles now days i have second thoughts about buying another box !! Iam pretty sure thats why m$ thought of a system to link gamesave to a particullary profile so they can screw us all this way !! Why else do they use a system to link gamesaves to 1 profile only !! If profile is gone or "corrupted" theres no way to use the gamesaves anymore !! or is there..? Have tried to save a game to the 2nd player profile and see if i coud export the gamesave from one profile to another but no such luck !!!

Robert Hood

Noob Account
Jul 17, 2010
I see where you made the trace cut on pad 122 but if I have a probe v2 is this where I make my conection cause I notice on your liteon flashing video the second pin was on another pad so thats what it looked like to me.

I see where you made the trace cut on pad 122 but if I have a probe v2 is this where I make my conection cause I notice on your liteon flashing video the second pin was on another pad so thats what it looked like to me.
I have only ever cut pad 122 and 101 so if you are probing that you are doing it wrong!! :rolleyes:

One more question, I found some conductive silver paint is this good for repairing trace cuts.
Probably not.
Grab some from modtraders.
Xecuter recommended conductive glue and is designed for the job!