How To Cut The Liteon PCB Traces

gelboy

Dec 3, 2009
somewhere
how come in the tutorial video it isnt a v cut but you tell everyone to do a v cut if i do it exactly like it is in the video will i be able to read the firmware on the drive fine or will i have trouble with it ie destroying the pad or separating the pad from the trace completly

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
There are different ways to do this to get the same result.
As your struggling with it, the v cut is best for you as it won't require you to cut across pad 101 which you would have to do with the straight cut.

gelboy

Dec 3, 2009
somewhere
i thought the v cut had to be on the pad 101 so i thought cutting the top of it would be easier so the v cut goes around the pad and not on it

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
i make my cut in an arc so it goes around the bottom of pad 101 but thats just how i prefer to do it. everybody has their own way, i personally dont like the v-cut but have done it a fair few times when i first started just to see what i found better and it was an arc.

gelboy

Dec 3, 2009
somewhere
sorry for being a pain in the arse but ive got a dissorder that will make me eat sleep and drink liteon pcbs till i get it correct plus if my missus knew i spend nearly £70 on tools to flash an xbox that i already flashed successfully lastweek she would have my bits

foxunitgreyfox

Noob Account
Nov 23, 2010
so im a noob and ive only been able to do this hack successfully one time and this was months and months ago so i gave up.... :( but now i wanna give it a go again and hopefully i can get it right!! the part that gets me tho are the cuts:( the soldering and resoldering is fine but im just not really sure how to make the cuts...so this is my question, after whatching the vid i can see how to make the first cut clearly but the second cut i just have one question... so when u make the second cut do u; u see how its dark green line, copper then dark green line?, do u cut all the way through the lines as well as the copper or just only make the cut through the copper and not the dark green lines or do u cut all the way throught the top green line copper then bottom green line? hope someone understands my question so i can get this down packed!! thank you for any help :)

coolshrimp

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2009
Canada
i noticed on all the 9000's iv flased using Jungle Flasher tutorial
that after i flash it if i reconect the traces it dose not work i have to keep the top one un repaired and i need to leave the jumper wire in its same way for 5 i have done is it me or what?

and i do aperfect job at cuting and resoldering so its not my work..

i need to keep the red wire in and the top cut unrepaired

http://uploadpic.org/storage/originals/2fjs322njfs3e2r93kj3ns244d.bmp

Last edited:

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
i noticed on all the 9000's iv flased using Jungle Flasher tutorial
that after i flash it if i reconect the traces it dose not work i have to keep the top one un repaired and i need to leave the jumper wire in its same way for 5 i have done is it me or what?

and i do aperfect job at cuting and resoldering so its not my work..

i need to keep the red wire in and the top cut unrepaired

Wierd buddy. I cant say Ive had that problem before.