How To Cut The Liteon PCB Traces

scratchgonzo

Dec 1, 2010
hey lads, I'm competent in flashing drives, done everyone but the 9000 series so this is my first time having to make the trace cuts. I know it's easy but it's a lot more un-nerving if I can get as much info as poss before I even start.

I'm gonna be using probe V2 with my CK3 Pro and glue from mod traders. It's this pad 101 that's troubling me, everyone saying v cut is the best option. Just 2 cuts in a v I'm assuming? I see that means you don't damage this pad 101 (the round silver thing) Yet the video shoes straight cut n seems easy enough. What's all this about grounding my board too?

basically what are the things you guys have learnt since doing em that I can learn without breaking things haha.

Still need to buy a sharp knife to do this too, anyone wanna recommend one?

scratchgonzo

Dec 1, 2010
right I'm getting it now, so I guess them cuts would need to be a lil closer or if I did them there but joined would that be cool? Thanks man.

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
it doesnt have to be in the shape of a 'V'. as long as the pad is cut off from the trace then itll be fine. i cut a straight line across the bottom of the pad to isolate, same as whats in your picture before you put the red lines on.

scratchgonzo

Dec 1, 2010
cool, so I'm gonna do nice straight cut to separate the circle from the line - "what could be easier?" haha

scratchgonzo

Dec 1, 2010
also I have multimeter but don't really know what to do with it. Does anyone know what settings it need to be on so I can check as I go along n lower risk of me bodging this.

scratchgonzo

Dec 1, 2010
The dark green lines are the trace borders. You can cut those if you want.
Remember tho, the more you cut, the harder the repair.

I will be using the glue to do this. When you say the harder the repair? I know I don't want any glue to be touching them lines do I? I'm looking tho n the space between them lines is tiny I ain't sure I can cut just to the border edges. As long as you don't go all the way through the dark green is that cool? I'm talking bout pad 122 here

scratchgonzo

Dec 1, 2010
"oh no not him again" lmao

Well lads I'm glad to say I did this today with no problems. Took my time doing it (probs way more than needed :p) But got there in end. Checked everything with Multimeter as I went along n used the glue to repair my cuts. I found pad 122 to be the hardest bit cos I was scared about going through the darker green trace walls but I did it and it's thanks to you guys helping me through. Thank you all!

martynas931

Jun 30, 2010
Northern Ireland
two last picture wuz shocking :D i think when i try put lt switch it look tragic but i am not so crappy at all :D how does people can do that to PCB ? , i think blind people can solder even better than those two peopole who had send these PCB to tea junkie :D