How To Find out My Products are Genuine?

MadMax_INT

Noob Account
Jan 3, 2019
Belgium
So I've bought all of this:
boi.png

From "https://www.shop01media.com", which is to my knowledge the only still delivering retailer of Xecuter products in Europe.
This is my first time doing all of this, but I'm confident and there's tons of information out there. HOWEVER.

I'm wondering if there is a way to check if all of these products (Except the whisper fan obviously) are genuine or not? I mean, I payed the original price so it would be expected I have gotten the original ones, right?

Anyway you guys seem like an awesome bunch and I'm looking forward to my first RGH build, thanks in advance! :)

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
As long as you purchase from an official reseller (which you are), you should be fine.

Good luck! Looks like you are going to have some fun. :cool:

MadMax_INT

Noob Account
Jan 3, 2019
Belgium
As long as you purchase from an official reseller (which you are), you should be fine.

Good luck! Looks like you are going to have some fun. :cool:
Thanks man!
By the way, do you think this solder will suffice? https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07F3VF8M9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2FJC0Z3SV1R6C&psc=1

Would want the joints to last, would this cheap solder influence that?
I can't for the love of me find anything else for a decent price nearby me. (It's getting real hard to find leaded solder around here in Europe, visited three shops and none of them had any)

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
I use leaded solder. If you really want some, you may have to find it online.
Rosin core solder would work fine.

It's more about the person doing the soldering than it is the solder itself.

Make sure you use flux and be gentle. If you are new to soldering (I'm assuming you could be due to ordering the supplies) please don't dive right in. Grab an old piece of electronics and practice soldering pieces of wire onto various places on the board. It would be well worth your time to practice and gain some skill. The most common rookie mistake is bad soldering.

As always, if you run into problems, take photos of your work and post as much info as you can and we will help you out.

MadMax_INT

Noob Account
Jan 3, 2019
Belgium
I use leaded solder. If you really want some, you may have to find it online.
Rosin core solder would work fine.

It's more about the person doing the soldering than it is the solder itself.

Make sure you use flux and be gentle. If you are new to soldering (I'm assuming you could be due to ordering the supplies) please don't dive right in. Grab an old piece of electronics and practice soldering pieces of wire onto various places on the board. It would be well worth your time to practice and gain some skill. The most common rookie mistake is bad soldering.

As always, if you run into problems, take photos of your work and post as much info as you can and we will help you out.
Don't worry about that, I've got an old motherboard laying around to practice on. :) Yeah I need leaded for sure, have heard bad things about the lead-free ones and they don't look as pristine.

I've followed plenty of guides about soldering and the right equipment to pick, so don't worry. I've come prepared! Only thing I'm having difficulty with is finding some decent solder, most well-known brands have died out over here in Europe and Kester solder is REALLY expensive over here for some reason. Anyway, thanks again!

EDIT: Forgot to ask, is it better to use hot glue or electricap tape to manage wires? Or doesn't it really matter?

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
It's more of a user preference. I have used both, but seem to go back to hot glue a lot. Just remember not to cover your solder joint with it.

MadMax_INT

Noob Account
Jan 3, 2019
Belgium
It's more of a user preference. I have used both, but seem to go back to hot glue a lot. Just remember not to cover your solder joint with it.
Got it! I think Im going for some 7mm solder instead as getting 8mm one seems like an impossible task over here... do you think it will matter much?

Support Our Sponsors