JUNGLE FLASHER How to fix a bricked slim lite-on with via6421 sata pci card

Titanfreak736

BANNED
Oct 19, 2014
Ok so you bricked your slim drive in jungle flasher, your probably think your screwed. But after lots of time fiddling with jungle flasher i found a answer on how to force a slim dirve into vendor mode to recover it from the dead heres how

Materials Needed
(Via 6421 Sata card), or (X360USBPRO), or (Compatible sata chipset)
Power Source for dvd drive

Important notes
Make sure you close Jungle flasher and open it up again before beginning this tutorial
MAKE SURE UNDER FLASHING TASKS IN THE MTK FLASH 32 TAB THAT SLIM IS CHECKED
Make sure you disable via 6421 sata drivers (Google Is your friend) And the jungle flasher PDF
It has also come to my attention that X360 usb pro users may not need to do this in order to unbrick a lite-on
Instructions
Step 1
Open Jungle Flasher and load the port that you were previously using to erase your drive, if you are using X360 USB Pro ignore using ports (If this dosent work on a certain port retry steps with different port)
Step 2
Ok so turn on the power source for the dvd drive, while its plugged in to a via 6421 sata card, or x360 usb pro, or sata port on desktop.
Step 3
Now click intro/device id, click yes to the prompt, Now jungle flasher will keep trying to get into vendor mode but dont do what the prompt says
Step 4
Ok so were almost done here, now unplug the sata from whatever its plugged into such as on board sata, Via 6421, X360 usb pro and count to 10 seconds. Then Plug it in to whatever port it was plugged into after counting to 10(Make sure you plug it into the same port, you unplugged it from)
Step 5
There ya go hopefully you are into vendor mode now you can write a firmware:biggrin:

Please hit thanks if i helped anybody out thanks. I wrote this tutorial because i was about to throw out my pcb because i thought it was done for, so i hope i helped someone out, anyway team xecuter community helped me so i gave back.

Last edited: