How to install custom themes in SX OS using .nxtheme format

Vger2

Noob Account
Dec 8, 2018
You need up to master_key 6 for FW 6.x. That's the issue with emuand and lockpick I believe. It pulls the keys for I guess the sysnand even if you're in emunand, though I do not think that FW 4.x is master_key 5 either so thats also weird.
Yes, that's what I thought. FW 4.x only goes up to master_key 4. I believe any FW LOWER than 6.2 have master_keys up to 5. You need fw 6.2 for master_keys 6.

What's funny is that when I dumped my keys as per top guide for this thread, I was able to use the NSC Builder to convert my nsp games to xci without issues. Correct dumped keys are required for NSC Bulder to work.

Vger2

Noob Account
Dec 8, 2018
Can anyone confirm if new version of Lockpic pulls keys from sysnand and NOT emuNand? I'm trying to install Themes on my emuNand 6.1 with sysNand on 4.1. Currently using a 128 GB SD card formatted in exFat. Note that my emuNand is on switch partition and NOT on sdcard.

Yes, that's what I thought. FW 4.x only goes up to master_key 4. I believe any FW LOWER than 6.2 have master_keys up to 5. You need fw 6.2 for master_keys 6.

What's funny is that when I dumped my keys as per top guide for this thread, I was able to use the NSC Builder to convert my nsp games to xci without issues. Correct dumped keys are required for NSC Bulder to work.

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Can anyone confirm if new version of Lockpic pulls keys from sysnand and NOT emuNand? I'm trying to install Themes on my emuNand 6.1 with sysNand on 4.1. Currently using a 128 GB SD card formatted in exFat. Note that my emuNand is on switch partition and NOT on sdcard.
I have not tried it personally yet because I pulled keys off a friends Switch that wasn't running emunand a month or so ago, but it won't hurt anything to just dump the keys and then open the text file to see if it has master_key 6

Vger2

Noob Account
Dec 8, 2018
I have not tried it personally yet because I pulled keys off a friends Switch that wasn't running emunand a month or so ago, but it won't hurt anything to just dump the keys and then open the text file to see if it has master_key 6
I have copy of Switch master keys txt. Can I edit my keys txt and add missing master_key to it? If so, what would I need to add besides the master_key_06? What about package2_key_06?

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
I can't answer that. I am not sure what is actually different in the rest of the file other than in the beginning you would have up to master_key_6 if you are running 6.0 or higher.

j0k3r

Noob Account
Jan 20, 2019
Germany
Hello @ all,

Im on 6.2 sxos 2.5.2 sysNAND and I have the same problem as Vogor have. I sucessfully did all the steps from the tutorail, but after I do the reboot, my switch is still on stock theme :/

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Hello @ all,

Im on 6.2 sxos 2.5.2 sysNAND and I have the same problem as Vogor have. I sucessfully did all the steps from the tutorail, but after I do the reboot, my switch is still on stock theme :/
Do you have up to master key 6 in your key file that you dumped? If not that is most likely the problem.

j0k3r

Noob Account
Jan 20, 2019
Germany
Do you have up to master key 6 in your key file that you dumped? If not that is most likely the problem.
thats whats inside my prod.keys

Code:
master_key_00 = ***
master_key_01 = ***
master_key_02 = ***
master_key_03 = ***
master_key_04 = ***
master_key_05 = ***
master_key_06 = ***
master_key_source = ***

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
what was the name of the folder and where did you create it?
sxos folder is the name and should be on the root of you SD.

Palinkat

Noob Account
Apr 5, 2018
Thanks for the great tutorial,
I have an issue when dumping the TSEC keys, I get the following16265
vol up or down doesn't do anything, power button either, have to hold it to shut down.
I downloaded the latest version of the tools in the tutorial.
My sdcard is exfat. I even created a TSEC folder on it just in case, no issue with the fuse info

Anything I am missing?

Thanks for the help

Support Our Sponsors