How to install updates for the .xci put on an external disk?

franc0

Noob Account
Aug 15, 2019
Villaguay
Tengo juegos en el disco externo, pero cuando instalo una actualización a través de nsp me ofrece instalarlo en el microsd y en el almacenamiento del sistema, pero cuando lo hago en ambos, y luego ejecutar el juego desde el HDD, la actualización no parece yo. es decir, las actualizaciones no funcionan

mmajunkie77

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 15, 2019
Chris Houlihan's Room
I had to use Google translate for this one lol

Make sure your xci has at least been mounted once (so it shows under data management)
Then install the nsp update. Install it to the sd card (you can only store nsp's on the HDD, you can't install them there), and the xci should recognize it. To be sure, highlight the game on the home menu and press + on the joycon to bring up the software screen. Look in the top left corner and you should see your game is no longer on 1.0.0.

Reactions: imprezgc8

franc0

Noob Account
Aug 15, 2019
Villaguay
I had to use Google translate for this one lol

Make sure your xci has at least been mounted once (so it shows under data management)
Then install the nsp update. Install it to the sd card (you can only store nsp's on the HDD, you can't install them there), and the xci should recognize it. To be sure, highlight the game on the home menu and press + on the joycon to bring up the software screen. Look in the top left corner and you should see your game is no longer on 1.0.0.
[/CITAR]

Sorry for my English, I'm Argentine.
Thanks, I could do it thanks to your help.
Now I wanted to ask you something else, my disk makes a lot of noise (I suppose it will be due to lack of energy, since I connect it to a single USB cable (the one between the AC and HDMI); (it is a 2tb usb 3.0 disk )).
And not only that, but never turns off, that is, when leaving the console at rest is still on, how can I do to turn it off? Since it keeps on making noise as if it were reading and the light is still blinking, this I suppose will damage its useful life

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Please translate to english in the future.