How to post XGD3 test results

nonogp

Nov 1, 2010
Since I didn't see anyone else do this, I put my retail disk of MW2 in kprobe and it did the scan very fast like in 20 seconds. Here it is.
The PI 16
The PIF 4

Maybe post retail image and copy image to compare them with your settings.

I guess I'm trying to figure out how different retail versions can be and how different the PI/PIF is depending on game .

Something to think about and explore. The same retail game pressed at different time or location could have different PI/PIF.
20 secondes scan... :rolleyes2:
Have you see that the scan isn't completed (and that the burn isn't completed too) ?

nonogp

Nov 1, 2010
I agree with that.

First, I haven't see the post was talking about a retail disk (my bad).

But, if you give a look at the range scanned, you'll see that only a small part of the disk is scanned. So, normal that the scan only takes 20 secondes ;)

Elyzian

Nov 14, 2010
Florida
First Test

DVD: Liteon iHAS 124 B

Motherboard:
Manufacturer - ECS
Model - GeForce 8000 series

SATA: Onboard
Driver: ASPI
Media: Verbatim MKM-003 Singapore
Speed: 4x (OPC on)

Smartburn: EEPROM Enabled
Force Hyper Tuning: EEPROM Enabled
Online Hyper Tuning: EEPROM Enabled

Closed all background programs I could, defragged my drive, and disabled antivirus. Didn't even touch the mouse during burning or testing. It looks almost perfect, except for the PIF Max being 5 instead of 4. Would this still be "okay"? I guess the only thing there is left for me to do is mess with the EEPROM settings for the next few burns.

Second Test - Same Game, Different Disc/Burn

DVD:
Liteon iHAS 124 B

Motherboard:
Manufacturer - ECS
Model - GeForce 8000 series

SATA: Onboard
Driver: ASPI
Media: Verbatim MKM-003 Singapore
Speed: 4x (OPC on)

Smartburn: EEPROM Enabled
Force Hyper Tuning: EEPROM Disabled
Online Hyper Tuning: EEPROM Disabled

The only difference between the first and second is I disabled "Force Hyper Tuning & Online Hyper Tuning" for the second one. But Nero DiscSpeed give's a score of 95 even with the high PI Errors.

Can anyone give me some input on these?

Last edited:

keil423

VIP Member
Game= Modern Warfare 3

Date : 11/11/2011 9:23:27 PM
Model : 1-1-1-0 F:ATAPI iHAS124 B AL0S
Disc : DVD+R DL , MKM001 [Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation]
Speed : Max
ECC blocks sum (PI/PIF) : 8/1
Scanned range : 0 - 4267018
Sampling count : 248807
Errors : 0
PI Max : 33
PI Average : 2.30
PI Total : 71803
PIF Max : 4
PIF Average : 0.04
PIF Total : 1192

Smart Burn= ON
Force Hyper Tuning= ON
Over Speed Writing= ON
Online Hyper Tuning= ON
Perform OPC Before Write= ON
Sata Chip Set= NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller

Last edited:

cloppo

Jan 19, 2011
Reading, UK

battlefield disk 2
write disk at 4x
eeprom settings are all on
imgburn
opc on
burnproof on

but same settings on Driver San Francisco
and i get that

as you can see i use cheap disks
is that results are any good???

nonogp

Nov 1, 2010
Again, as Ubergeek says :
- PI max is 100 for an average of 5 max,
- PIF max is 4 and the average max is 0,20

So, with this, the first one is better, nearly good, but both aren't good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

cloppo

Jan 19, 2011
Reading, UK
1st one I believe is pretty good for a cheap disk any way some verbatims have some worse results.
2nd one is bad why???? I don't know really. Disk or different data different way...

mespo365

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2010
USA
Memorex Media!!!

PI Max: 82
PI Avg: 21

PIF Max: 5
PIF Avg: .33

Results are not verbs, but certainly acceptable and passed all recommended standards.

I patched LT-Max fw by changing the speed to RITEK 2.4x
(this is very important for memorex!!)

Burned @ 2.4x

Smart Burn: On

Force Hyper Tuning: Off

Over Speed Writing: Off

Online Hyper Tuning: On

OPC: Off

mespo365

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2010
USA
Are you kidding ?
These resultats are bad...

The certainly arent great. Both maxes are below recommended and averages are higher than most would like, but for memorex s*** they results arent bad.

I have had no problems playing this backup at all off disc. I'm still fine tuning settings, so its possible these will go down more.

edit: I guess the max PIF is 5 not 4...I recalled the recommended being 8 (my bad). But still this burn is perfectly acceptable and playing fine.

Last edited:

El Nino

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2010
Liverpool
The certainly arent great. Both maxes are below recommended and averages are higher than most would like, but for memorex s*** they results arent bad.

I have had no problems playing this backup at all off disc. I'm still fine tuning settings, so its possible these will go down more.

edit: I guess the max PIF is 5 not 4...I recalled the recommended being 8 (my bad). But still this burn is perfectly acceptable and playing fine.
It's not mate, whatever media you use it needs to be under or at least very close to the guidelines, your PIF average and max, ok, slightly over.... but your PI is consistently near the top end of the scale, hence the awful PI average.

MegaLiftman

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
Concrete Jungle
Thats a terrible result. I have experimented with cheap discs I had lying around and got similar results - not one of them would install to the hdd.

mespo365

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2010
USA
Thats a terrible result. I have experimented with cheap discs I had lying around and got similar results - not one of them would install to the hdd.
I have had no problems playing skyrim. Have put about 5 hours into it already. I'm still tweaking some settings with img burn and modifying the fw. Hopefully these number will get lower

sparky53

Jan 2, 2012
Again, as Ubergeek says :
- PI max is 100 for an average of 5 max,
- PIF max is 4 and the average max is 0,20

So, with this, the first one is better, nearly good, but both aren't good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
well i dont see why it shouldnt be good? only 0.27 of PIF is high for a "cheap" disc its very acceptable.