Jul 14, 2010

Smartburn = enabled
Force Hyper Tuning = enabled
Online Hyper Tuning = enabled

IMGBURN settings

OPC = enabled
Burn Speed = 4x

Internal SATA connection

My PI started off very shaky for a while but seemed to stabilize over time. I'm worried about my PIF max hitting 5 since it is stated in OP that it should be under 4. This was a MKM003 disc burned at 4x. Is my PIF max enough of a concern that I should attempt a reburn? I'm not really sure how much leeway there is with these tests. Would running the test again yield different results at all or is it simply reading the data on the disc with the same results every test?

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH
Memorex Media!!!

PI Max: 82
PI Avg: 21

PIF Max: 5
PIF Avg: .33

Results are not verbs, but certainly acceptable and passed all recommended standards.

I patched LT-Max fw by changing the speed to RITEK 2.4x
(this is very important for memorex!!)

Burned @ 2.4x

Smart Burn: On

Force Hyper Tuning: Off

Over Speed Writing: Off

Online Hyper Tuning: On

OPC: Off

Link To Image
Your PIF scan graph is a bar of RED, absolutely terrible, with the verb results you will find the max peak may vary but the number or errors is always minimal, errors are common place on your disc and I doublt the data could be read.

Link To Image

Smartburn = enabled
Force Hyper Tuning = enabled
Online Hyper Tuning = enabled

IMGBURN settings

OPC = enabled
Burn Speed = 4x

Internal SATA connection

My PI started off very shaky for a while but seemed to stabilize over time. I'm worried about my PIF max hitting 5 since it is stated in OP that it should be under 4. This was a MKM003 disc burned at 4x. Is my PIF max enough of a concern that I should attempt a reburn? I'm not really sure how much leeway there is with these tests. Would running the test again yield different results at all or is it simply reading the data on the disc with the same results every test?
That burn is OK, a PIF MAX of (5) is acceptable, but no higher, that a keeper in my book, just make sure it has the correct topology data injected, running the disc through abgx360 will show up any problems.

A Kprobe 2 re-test would probably not change the PIF MAX result, so I would skip that test.

What you should do is read this thread:

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74721

you can probably get that PIF MAX below (4) and get a more stable burn

Last edited:
Reactions: raphytaffy

raphytaffy

Jul 14, 2010
That burn is OK, a PIF MAX of (5) is acceptable, but no higher, that a keeper in my book, just make sure it has the correct topology data injected, running the disc through abgx360 will show up any problems.

What you should do is read this thread:

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74721

you can probably get that PIF MAX below (4) and get a more stable burn
Thanks for the link to the thread. This was my very first burn on a brand new drive, so would clearing OPC before I burned my disc have had any effect on the results? I feel okay about my PI max and average, even though it's not as great as yours is. I was just really concerned with the PIF max, but the average still seems very good to me. Is the PIF spike happening around the layer break? Maybe that would explain what is happening.

Running it through Nero DiscSpeed, my quality score was 84 which is lower than the recommended score.

Last edited:

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH
Thanks for the link to the thread. This was my very first burn on a brand new drive, so would clearing OPC before I burned my disc have had any effect on the results? I feel okay about my PI max and average, even though it's not as great as yours is. I was just really concerned with the PIF max, but the average still seems very good to me. Is the PIF spike happening around the layer break? Maybe that would explain what is happening.
Not clearing the OPC before that burn would not have effected your burn as new drives do not have an OPC History to clear.

Yes the spike is at the Layerbreak and that is normal, The most important readings of any burn relate to the PIF as these are failures.

1. PIF detection should be as small as possible, if your graph shows PIF readings on 80% of your burn (A block of red - Kprobe) then you should really look at your settings or media, try to get detection as low as possible with the lowest MAX reading.

2. the PIF Max is very important and should not be above (5)

A PIF MAX of (5) isn't great, it's acceptable, personally I would try to tweak your settings with my guide to reach a (4) or below, What I was trying to say is that I would not throw the disc out but would seek improvement.

You should be able to improve those results greatly as your using MKM003 media.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

raphytaffy

Jul 14, 2010
You should be able to improve those results greatly as your using MKM003 media.

Hope it helps.
These are the results that I got using the settings that you suggested:

IMGBURN SETTINGS:

Layerbreak: Calculate optimal
OPC=ON

EEPROM SETTINGS:

SB=ON
FHT=ON
OS=OFF
OHT=OFF

Whoops, just noticed as I pasted the suggested settings that I had OPC on. Could this explain why I didn't see any improvements?

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH
OPC should be OFF for MKM003 media, was it set to off during the above burn?

OPC ON can cause a spike similar to the one above.

Last edited:

raphytaffy

Jul 14, 2010
OPC should be OFF for MKM003 media, was it set to off during the above burn?

OPC ON can cause a spike similar to the one above.
Nope, totally forgot that part. Used my last disc so I'll have to wait on a new shipment of Verbatims. Will post results back here when I try again. Thanks for the help!

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH
Nope, totally forgot that part. Used my last disc so I'll have to wait on a new shipment of Verbatims. Will post results back here when I try again. Thanks for the help!
I think the burn will be ok with OPC off, but let us know when you get your new discs.

hulkmania

Dec 1, 2011

IMGBURN SETTINGS:

Layerbreak: Calculate optimal
OPC=OFF

EEPROM SETTINGS:

SB=ON
FHT=ON
OS=OFF
OHT=OFF
Verbatim MKM003 printabel

Soryn

Feb 17, 2011
I checked some old back-ups XGD2 of mine and Ive seen are so bad burns with PIF peak 64 or PIF avg 22.
So we should be use this tests and for XGD2 if we want good laser shape.

DUSTYB3N

VIP Member
Jun 17, 2011
Blackpool UK
Game = COD BLACK OPS

EEPROM Settings

Smartburn = Enabled
Force Hyper Tuning = Enabled
Online Hyper Tuning = Enabled
Over Speed Writing = Disabled

IMGBURN settings

OPC = Enabled
Burn Speed = 4x

SATA Chipset = ACER onboard serial ATA Controller?

Also I clear OPC in Imgburn every time

Last edited:

iAmMasterF

Mar 31, 2011
England

AONE PLUS GOLD EDITION
(RICOHJPND01C)

2.4x SPEED
OPC OFF
READ BUFFER: 80MB
I/O BUFFER: 40MB

FORCE HYPER TUNING ON
ONLINE HYPER TUNING ON
OVER SPEED OFF
SMART BURN ON

iHAS124 crossflashed to IHAS524 (not necessay just unlocks lightscribe & smart erase)

Aone speeds were edited with media code speed edit, so aones can only burn at 2.4x for best results.

looks like i don't need verbs :)

Last edited:

Soryn

Feb 17, 2011

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Verbatim - MIS

Back - Up my Battlefield 3.

EEPROM Settings

FHT - Enabled
OHT - Disabled
OS - Disabled
SB - Enabled

ImagineBurn settings

OPC - off

Burn Speed - 4x

Btw I clear ones OPC ( for last time ) then power on/off drive, thats it.No use clear OPC anymore.

Last edited:

john_papa_john

Aug 8, 2012
boston
i burnt with everything except online hypertuning ...im playin MW3 and everything was good besides pif was 5 and 0.21.....so i sent a pic of assasins creed revelations is this pic i figure its fine cous its only one spike...and ps im only using hyperspeed on my mkm-001's to burn at 4x(mk 003's will be tested when they come in the mail) and yes i clear opc data before ad after every burn