How to recover from losing NAND (but have ECC written)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
If I do this method, can I restore my hacked nand again in the future. if yes How?
If you're booting from XeLL and it's not a Corona, you could probably put it on a USB stick and let xell do it for you.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
No Blakey I'm not sure the kv matches the console. I'm trying to help someone out who is unsure of whether or not they used the "create ecc" function when writing to their nand. The fact that the console wont boot retail tells me no.

However, the console id shown in the xebuild output (in the jr window) matches what his console showed before writing ecc (he took a pic before attempting to rgh). In addition the serial matches what's on the case so I was thinking it may be accurate and I'm trying to figure out why the KV info window shows a different console id than what the xebuild window shows.
If he wrote an ECC image without first injecting the key vault (J-Runner does this for you now), the original key vault is lost and can't be retrieved unless he has a good NAND image from that console.

However, I am not 100% sure about this, so you might want to wait for Martin to confirm.

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Posts have been deleted.

There is no support for this instance - the user in question decided to heed ANY advice given in regards to a DemoN and was warned countless times that it's for professional installation.

I also advised BrockThunderjam that he was welcome to assist the guy but on an 'offline' basis. Do NOT post any more help topics on this, least of all thread-jacking this sticky.

I will close this sticky to prevent any further posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.