LITEON DG-16D2S How to replace a dead liteon

n3232

Oct 30, 2013
I plan on transferring the key instead of swapping the PCB.
But I'm not sure what kind of drive i need to buy. I haven't been able to find one with the same hw and fw versions as me, a0a1 and 93450c.
Does that matter? Or does it just have to be a liteon dg-16d2s?
And can I use the xbox to power the drive?
Sorry, I've never done this before.
I did search through many threads before posting, and didn't find anything that answered my question. Thanks.

J

justice10

have 2 be the same model u should read martin roadmap 4 noobs 1st do a lil reading

n3232

Oct 30, 2013
What do you mean same model? are you saying "yes as long as it is a dg-16d2s then its fine"? or are you saying that the hw and fw versions also have to be the same?

J

justice10

it would be easy just 2 swap pcb board as well make sure u get the key off it

n3232

Oct 30, 2013
alright sweet.
and my laptop happens to have an eSATA port on it. So i could use a eSATA to SATA cable?
and just use the xbox to power the drive or what?

rick48235

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
MICH
xconsoles if you live in the states is the best place to get it . if you have a problem with it you can return it back in 30 days I think

n3232

Oct 30, 2013
it would be easy just 2 swap pcb board as well make sure u get the key off it
i originally planned on just swapping the pcb but it sounds like it would be easier for me to just swap the key. I dont have a solder, or soldering experience. so I think this would be easier

n3232

Oct 30, 2013
I assumed that I could just use jungle flasher with the esata port on my comp?

J

justice10

u could always take new drive when u get it unlock it and just write the info from ur other drive to the new 1 make sure u save everything gudluck u need help there plenty of guys here that will help u

n3232

Oct 30, 2013
u could always take new drive when u get it unlock it and just write the info from ur other drive to the new 1 make sure u save everything gudluck u need help there plenty of guys here that will help u
yeah I just wish those guys were in this thread lol. been trying to figure out what to do for so long