How to Set UP EmuNAND properly? plus Questions Regarding EmuNAND

shado0573

Noob Account
Feb 10, 2019
Pakistan
Hello,
I'm new to using the SX OS.
I have restored my NAND backup to the original state it was in.
My Switch is currently on version 6.2.0.
I want to know how I set up EmuNAND on the same switch using the same SD CARD?
There are Like 3 options and I do not know which option to choose from,
I want to use EmuNAND for playing NSP's and Different XCI's without the risk of getting banned but I have no idea about it,
And IDK about what to set up and where to set it up with.
And what is this concept of Linking and Unlinking NAND.
And DOES EMUNAND enable the ability to launch other CFWs in it like Atmosphere/Kosmos or ReinX?

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
You can use either SD files or hidden partition. I use SD files personally because it's easier to back up and move to another SD. Not sure about linking and unlinking when it comes to SX or where you are seeing that option. Do you have a screen shot?

As for launching other CFW, emunand has nothing to do with that. You would need to look into how to get their payloads and what is required to launch them.

shado0573

Noob Account
Feb 10, 2019
Pakistan
You can use either SD files or hidden partition. I use SD files personally because it's easier to back up and move to another SD. Not sure about linking and unlinking when it comes to SX or where you are seeing that option. Do you have a screen shot?

As for launching other CFW, emunand has nothing to do with that. You would need to look into how to get their payloads and what is required to launch them.
Ah so theres no difference.
Would you recommend me to set up EmuNAND to the system memory since i would like to use my Backups via SD card or no?
And what is the deal with 5gb Emunand or 10 gb Emunand or 15 etc?
What do these different sizes of EmuNAND indicate?

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
I would not recommend the sysnand version personally, but you can if you want to. I believe the emunand is the size of the sysnand. I know mine is around 32gb which is the size of the sysnand. If people have other sizes, I am not sure what they did to shrink them.

shado0573

Noob Account
Feb 10, 2019
Pakistan
I would not recommend the sysnand version personally, but you can if you want to. I believe the emunand is the size of the sysnand. I know mine is around 32gb which is the size of the sysnand. If people have other sizes, I am not sure what they did to shrink them.
While installing EmuNAND it shows the option of different sizes.
You should check it for yourself.
Since thats the one that confuses me.
And how long have you been using EmuNAND and have you went online SysNAND?
No bans?

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
I will definitely check it out. I haven't needed to rebuild mine in a while. The only thing that will really get saved there will be your saves, so You probably do not need to pick the biggest size. I have been using it since it was initially released last year with no issues.

I do not use this Switch online though, so it has not been banned yet, but there is no sure fire way to not get banned once you mod if you intend to go online.

Only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have a clean nand backup from before you ever booted to CFW. That is the best option if you intend to go online. I would also wait until 7.0 is supported by CFW otherwise you may be stuck not using CFW until it is.

shado0573

Noob Account
Feb 10, 2019
Pakistan
I will definitely check it out. I haven't needed to rebuild mine in a while. The only thing that will really get saved there will be your saves, so You probably do not need to pick the biggest size. I have been using it since it was initially released last year with no issues.

I do not use this Switch online though, so it has not been banned yet, but there is no sure fire way to not get banned once you mod if you intend to go online.

Only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have a clean nand backup from before you ever booted to CFW. That is the best option if you intend to go online. I would also wait until 7.0 is supported by CFW otherwise you may be stuck not using CFW until it is.
Ah okay.
So I need a little help here.
I have a NAND backup and have restored it.
Havent Been Online on it nor have any games to play or do anything on it,
I have an SD card. And I'm ready to Install EMUNAND.
So I want to use my sd card for emunand.
Yes I have my Backed up 6.2.0 Clean NAND and Have restored it.
I Install Emunand and insert my sd card.
What is this case about unlinking the NANDs what do I do and which NAND do I factory reset.
My Clean NAND or EmuNAND?
I willing to use SD card for my EMUNAND Stuff and USE internal memory for my legit stuff.
So what is unlinking and what do I format?
Lets say legit stuff for switch on Sysnand (it is a clean restored NAND)
And CFW for my EmuNAND.
So what do I format? for my sd card to be used with EmuNAND since I see cases of nintendo folder getting deleted (even though there is 0 stuff in my nintendo folder). Understand what im saying.

xiz7ian

Noob Account
Feb 11, 2019
California
I'm actually in the same boat as you are shado, so hope you don't mind I join you in asking questions and getting support.

Likewise, my Switch is on OFW 6.2.0.

Regarding installing and using EmuNand, I seem to be running into similar issues...

I'd like to use the first option when installing EmuNand, "Hidden partition on microSD card", as I've heard this is the safest to be able to play online, while keeping ban risk to a minimum.

But, whenever I select that option, I run into an error, and it's unable to begin installing EmuNAND at all.
I've discovered that it's because my SD Card is in exFat format, and the only way to be able to install EmuNand via the first option, is to format my SD Card into Fat32...

But I don't want to use that format as, my game backups are split into 4g segments, and I don't want to go through the trouble or jumping through the hoops to get it to work on Fat32 - it's an archaic format after all...

I just want to use EmuNand on my exFat formatted SD Card!

How do I go about installing EmuNand on my exFat formatted SD Card, while utilizing the "hiiden partion on microSD card" option?

Other notes: Yes, my SD Card is legit. It's a full 64gb SDXC
It works perfectly fin.e
I'm using a Mac to manage files.

I'm trying to install EmuNand on my exFat SD Card using SX OS Pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Napsterae

shado0573

Noob Account
Feb 10, 2019
Pakistan
I'm actually in the same boat as you are shado, so hope you don't mind I join you in asking questions and getting support.

Likewise, my Switch is on OFW 6.2.0.

Regarding installing and using EmuNand, I seem to be running into similar issues...

I'd like to use the first option when installing EmuNand, "Hidden partition on microSD card", as I've heard this is the safest to be able to play online, while keeping ban risk to a minimum.

But, whenever I select that option, I run into an error, and it's unable to begin installing EmuNAND at all.
I've discovered that it's because my SD Card is in exFat format, and the only way to be able to install EmuNand via the first option, is to format my SD Card into Fat32...

But I don't want to use that format as, my game backups are split into 4g segments, and I don't want to go through the trouble or jumping through the hoops to get it to work on Fat32 - it's an archaic format after all...

I just want to use EmuNand on my exFat formatted SD Card!

How do I go about installing EmuNand on my exFat formatted SD Card, while utilizing the "hiiden partion on microSD card" option?

Other notes: Yes, my SD Card is legit. It's a full 64gb SDXC
It works perfectly fin.e
I'm using a Mac to manage files.

I'm trying to install EmuNand on my exFat SD Card using SX OS Pro.
I using FAT32 but however the only thing stopping me is a boot.dat error.
The problem comes after when I install EmuNAND.
I can access EmuNAND right after installing it since im in the bootloader.
However if i power off my switch or restart it. Then I get that boot.dat error.
So either I stick with EmuNAND and never let my switch go off (which is really annoying)
or face black screen issues with EmuNAND installed to SD card (I can access bootloader even if SD files EmuNAND is installed)

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Creating emunand it wipes the sd card, Just copy boot file again.
That is only the case if you are using the hidden partition emunand as that has to repartition the SD card. If you use the SD Files, it just creates a folder. Either way every one should make sure to read everything on the screen when creating emunand just to make sure.

rikimm

Noob Account
Feb 21, 2019
México
That is only the case if you are using the hidden partition emunand as that has to repartition the SD card. If you use the SD Files, it just creates a folder. Either way every one should make sure to read everything on the screen when creating emunand just to make sure.
I do not understand anything, the same thing happens to me when I turn off the console I get the boot.dat error after creating the emunand, what do I have to do afterwards or what do I do wrong?

the only thing I see is that it creates the partition and leaves me like 30 gb free and deletes some files, but every time I start the console as I mentioned before I always get a boot error, you can tell me what I have to do at that point

regards

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Try recopying the boot.dat file to the root of you SD.

Support Our Sponsors