SAMSUNG MS25 How to switch drivers without breaking them....

Avdul

Dec 7, 2011
Ok I have a " Samsung MS25 " driver in my xbox which doesn't work anymore and I bought a new " samsung MS28 " driver to switch it with. I tried this with my lite-on ( switch lite-on with a new lite-on ) and ended destroying them in the process because I didn't know how to do it exactly. If you tried and was able to do this before , can you tell me how please? I bought a couple of new driver ( lite-on, benq & samsung ) to be able to fix some xboxs in my store, So if you can also give essential points that I need to keep in my mind when I try to switch drivers in the future.

P.S. Note that I am trying to switch MS25 with MS28.

Rich007

Nov 2, 2011
My house
There are plenty of tutorials about, give it a google. Samsungs are a lot more straight forward than liteons because of the lack of protection, so don't worry too much about, just make sure you get the key from the original drive before you do any writing etc

coleraine

Jan 11, 2004
ireland
Hi you need to flash the new drive with the old drives dvd key,you will need jungle flasher and a sata card or x360usb to connect your drive to the computer you have installed jungleflasher,then follow the guide to extract the dvd key from old drive and add it to the new drive.You just can't swap dvd drives over as they are key coded to suit each xbox 360.

Here is a link to samsung ms25 guide.

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60920

click thanks to Ubergeek for this guide.

Last edited:

andyc240

Jul 8, 2010
ulster
with the samsungs what you can do is swap the pcbs over , so take the new drives pcb out and replace it with your own drive and that will save you flashing it

Avdul

Dec 7, 2011
The old drive was spoofed as a lite-on, therefore he can't update it. thats why I am trying to change the drives so he can play online again. I have 1 question though.

1- I can't just swap the logic board ( since the flashed firmware is on it ) , Can I ?

2- If I wanted to extract the key from the old samsung drive I should follow these steps:

a- connect the drive through usbpro & ck31.
b- read the drive.
c- disconnect the old drive and connect the new one.
d- read the new drive and choose the dummy.bin of the old drive as the source and the stock firmware of MS28 as target.
e- write & outro.

Will this work? I saw man tutorials, but all of them focuses on changing the logic board.

Rich007

Nov 2, 2011
My house
If the osig is liteon, he needs a liteon, new or old Samsung wont help. With Samsung he won't be able to play xgd3 games and will get flagged for a ban as soon as he goes online, that's of he's not already flagged from having a spoofed drive, long enough that it died.