How To Update and Use Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guide*

joe7dust

Noob Account
Mar 2, 2013
I have the iHaS124 (B version?) and I have kind of a bizarre problem with it. It worked well for over a year, now suddenly I have no detected drive at all.

I tried flashing the FW back to stock, but it says no drive detected. It's definitely connected and powered, I can eject just fine but there is no DVD drive shown under My Computer at all.

I don't see any drivers for this, it seems to be using a default 2006 CD-ROM driver from Microsuck. Dafuq? I thought Windows 7 was newer than 2006 even... If I try to update driver it claims I have the latest driver and there's nothing newer than 2006 -____-

Here's a screenshot from my Device Manager: http://imgur.com/KdHzI0p

The yellow exclaimation point is because "windows cannot load the drivers for this device" and the one below it I believe is related to either VMware or another type of Virtual Drive. I disabled it for troubleshooting. If either are uninstalled they just come right back.

Supere989

Noob Account
Jan 23, 2010
Washington State
is there any way we can get a repost of the firmware links that include firmwares for the Memorex compatible disks as well? ALL of the links in this tutorial for LTMAX firmware are broken.

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
Harrogate, North Yorkshire , uk
can i also connect a sata from the drive to a via 6421 card ?
No offence but if you ask if you can use lite-on firmware on a pioneer drive then ask how to connect your drive I'm not sure you should be even trying to back up games

Wolfarvak

Aug 21, 2012
Thanks for tutorial I followed this as well as others with still issues. My IHAS324-B with stock I cannot find a way to reset the flash but I do not think this is the problem the flash will just not let the firmware update but it has nothing to update because it already is -B.