How To Update and Use Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guide*

moxfalder

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2010
Re: How To Update Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD Writer to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guid

I have Videx DVD+R DL discs that show
"MKM003" on info, so that means that
I can use this instead of Verbs ?

Thanks.

piromaniac

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Molex tower
Re: How To Update Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD Writer to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guid

I have Videx DVD+R DL discs that show
"MKM003" on info, so that means that
I can use this instead of Verbs ?

Thanks.
You would have to burn them and then run it through kprobe to see what sort of results you get back, just because you have an mkm 003 version doesn't neccassaraly mean they see good discs some people on the forums have been using bverbs mkm 003 and still had shocking results albeit they were made in Taiwan, report back once you've took the needed steps

moxfalder

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2010

Videx disks
XGD3 burn not tested yet [need proper burner]

Last edited:

Dazling

Noob Account
Apr 29, 2010

I have updated my ihas 124 b to the latest stock ALOS firmware to match iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guide But will not let me update to the iXtreme firmware gets to 2 blue lines then tells me " error writing flash to drive" have tried to install my back ups but get the same error the eprom will restore but not the firmware Help!

using win 7 64bit on i7 cpu and 8GB ddr 3 ram

Help!

The drive still works as normal cant work out why it wont update anybody got any info ?

Last edited:

Jonas225

Jan 23, 2011
Germany

I have Verbatim MKM003 Discs. If I want to burn them with 2,4x should I tick the box with OPC or not?

carlnw1975

Jun 13, 2011
Nottingham

cheers for the guide and links, expecting my drive today

johnno2

Nov 9, 2010

i hav modded max fw that burns cheap media at 2.4x burns verifies and install 100%
Aone Golds are working nice took a wile to get it all set but all is fine now...
i hav only this fw for 124 b there are tuts about how do this but this fw is ready to go

ololo

Noob Account
Oct 3, 2011

I can't write the flash either. I am suspecting it has to do with it saying the following under flash type: NEX(NX25P16) - (1-0)

Note that the drive IS labelled with the B both on the label on the actual drive itself but also in device manager. Does this mean it's still the wrong drive even though correct letter?

EDIT:

I switched from using my external bay with drive connected via usb to laptop to using the usbpro and my desktop and now it worked. Still don't know what was wrong with the first approach as I did everything exactly the same. Nice to have it working though :)

Last edited:

ac1982

Noob Account
Feb 15, 2011

I update my burner correctly, I burn a xgd3 game correct but when imgburn verify the game it shows an error in 50%

the game is correctly burned but not the verification.... when I test the game it runs ok but in gears of war 3 the graphics look bad and with forza 4 says clean the disc when I'm Racing.

I'm using sankey DL discs

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark

I can't write the flash either. I am suspecting it has to do with it saying the following under flash type: NEX(NX25P16) - (1-0)

Note that the drive IS labelled with the B both on the label on the actual drive itself but also in device manager. Does this mean it's still the wrong drive even though correct letter?

EDIT:

I switched from using my external bay with drive connected via usb to laptop to using the usbpro and my desktop and now it worked. Still don't know what was wrong with the first approach as I did everything exactly the same. Nice to have it working though :)
My lite-on 124 says the same, its B model but the flash is nex, diden't have any probs with flashing it using my Icy box external bay, unfortwnly i don't have any Verbs here to burn yet, but i would like to hear from Uber if there might turn out to be a problem when the flash ain't MCIX, my model is iHAS 124-19

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US

I have an old Lite On drive from 2006 or 2007. Could I flash that with the 124 firmware and then the max burner?
Did you read the first page of this thread??, It shows the 6 compatible drives, They have to be model# iHASxx-xx B to use maxburner f/w Manufactured 2011, There are some drives that can be crossflashed to ihasx24 but older liteons aren't one of them, http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73461&highlight=crossflash

kopyor12

May 10, 2011

nice info !!

SogeKing

Noob Account
Oct 7, 2011

Has C4E addressed THIS issue yet?

Maybe this is the reason why there are a lot of verification errors and coasters for those using Verbatim 8X MKM-003 media.

Credit to Lightning UK!

Ironfist

Noob Account
Nov 25, 2010

Maybe this is the reason why there are a lot of verification errors and coasters for those using Verbatim 8X MKM-003 media.

Credit to Lightning UK!

So what exactly is your point?

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

Credit to Lightning UK!
I'll pass that on to see if its something genuine that needs addressing

To be fair though there are so many of us that have had zero issues.

I understand that there have been a good number with problems, but there are way too many variables to take into account that can cause problems.

Thank you for your genuine quality feedback.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

He says its no mistake

a feature of dvd+r spec is write strategy is loaded from the blank media from the adip, which seemed to work better for mkm003 as well as enable 2.4x
More quotes:

C4E: testing produced better results ie no failures with mkm003 using media info from adip (as opposed to media info in fw) as well as enabling 2.4x burn speed

C4E: media info is loaded from adip when there is none in fw. our focus was better burn results for the extra data area ie no write/verify failures.
Remember this is a non standard burn. out of the box, crazy sh*t not supposed to happen or even possible......