How To Update and Use Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guide*

DaMacFunkin

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2005
Re: How To Update Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD Writer to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guid

Yeah i did wonder about that 'a' in the media id, but like you say this is uncharted water... anybody having constant problems veryifying with imgburn should try it manually and set max read speed to 4x.

Magni

Jun 25, 2011
Re: How To Update Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD Writer to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guid

Thanks !

Perfect tut, as always.

[Death]

VIP Member
Mar 8, 2005
South West UK

thanks uber , much apreciated!

thedon01

Oct 4, 2011

i didn't enable force hyper tuning and online hyper tuning when i flashed originally and now feel that i need to, so i figure i'll have to reflash. Am i correct? if i need to relfash the drive should i flash it back to the stock firmware first and then reflash with these options enabled?

Last edited:

bigO73

VIP Member
Sep 23, 2010
Tampa Bay, Florida

Yes I would treat it the same as an xbox drive. Revert back to stock and reflash that way you know that you have done everything correctly.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
i didn't enable force hyper tuning and online hyper tuning when i flashed originally and now feel that i need to, so i figure i'll have to reflash. Am i correct? if i need to relfash the drive should i flash it back to the stock firmware first and then reflash with these options enabled?
It's like you didn't even read the guide at all.

charincol

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2011
Colorado

Yes I would treat it the same as an xbox drive. Revert back to stock and reflash that way you know that you have done everything correctly.
There's no need to equate it to an Xbox drive and cause further confusion. It's not like you need to flash to stock to re-install Windows.

synkboy

Oct 22, 2009
Northern Ireland

Did you read ANYTHING before wasting your time with this post ?

Come on guy.... :(
In the time it took you to type this, you could have just said yes, no, or given him a few words of an explanation,
forum nazis....where would we be without them?

DigitalScars

Apr 14, 2010
Scotland

Excellent tutorial, thank you so much. Got it all ordered now.

I'll be using mine with a laptop and was just wondering if anyone knows of where i can pick up a decent external enclosure for the drive?

Many thanks.

monty89

Oct 6, 2011
Re: How To Update Liteon iHAS124-B DVD Writer to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guid

You're joking right ?

You mean a sata power cable ?

Wow :facepalm:

Link To Image

So if im going to flash my drive with xbox 360 usb pro I need to also buy 1 of these?

Sorry for the usual noobish question.

Regards

Last edited:

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland

lol - yes - the x360USBpro only transmits data - to power the iHAS you need an SATA power cable

monty89

Oct 6, 2011

lol - yes - the x360USBpro only transmits data - to power the iHAS you need an SATA power cable
Many thanks for your help! :)

1 more quick question, I ordered these from ebay:
Code:
Item Number On Ebay: 160655714656
Are these the correct discs Iv ordered for burning?

Last edited:

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland

hhmmm - difficult to tell - I don't see where it mentions the version or manufacture location

Last edited:

monty89

Oct 6, 2011

hhmmm - u better remove the link, and just list the item number - difficult to tell - I don't see where it mentions the version or manufacture location

Apologies for the link, I have changed it now.

Hmm ok, I see they are 2.4x so hopfully its the correct ones m001 versions.

Regards

monty89

Oct 6, 2011

I would hazard a guess they are MKM-001, yes

Iv been searching these models to buy at the likes on ebay but cant find them, is there another name they are called?

Iv been reading the MKM-001 's have problems sometimes whereas the MKM-003 seems to be flawless is that correct?

Im trying to find these.

Best Regards :smile:

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland

if u find Verbatim DVD+R 8X Double Layer Wide Inkjet Printable 43667 discs, these are the best money can buy

monty89

Oct 6, 2011

if u find Verbatim DVD+R 8X Double Layer Wide Inkjet Printable 43667 discs, these are the best money can buy

Legend man! many thanks!

Should we always write at 4x instead of 2.5?

And do these settings both apply to the xd2 and xd3 security?

Again thanks for your help, im finally getting answers to the things iv been curious about for a while.

Iv just ordered everything ya see, the xboxusb pro mega bundle, lite on dvd burner, discs.

Gonna be doing the jungle flasher to put lt 2.0 on my xbox then burn my most wanted game BF3 and play it online xD