How To Update and Use Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guide*

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
Re: How To Update Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD Writer to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guid

yup- if u get those discs, they run a 4x with OPC on......and yes - u can run XGD2 and XGD3 games through imgburn on these the same way - tbh - my XGD2 games get burned at 10X on my standard burner atm...come out perfect

monty89

Oct 6, 2011
Re: How To Update Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD Writer to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guid

Lol just had a thought, you are probably goign to laugh at me here but can you run these backups without the Lt+ 2.0 firmware?

I highly doubt you can but it just crossed my mind lol.

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US

In the time it took you to type this, you could have just said yes, no, or given him a few words of an explanation,
forum nazis....where would we be without them?
The rules of the forum are to search and read before asking already answered questions, If any one is a nazi it is you :rolleyes2:

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland

What Sammy? lol , I have a xbox 360 slim 4gb
aahhh...I didn't know that - dont think u mentioned it.
I take it that it has a stock drive in there? not flashed before?

monty89

Oct 6, 2011

aahhh...I didn't know that - dont think u mentioned it.
I take it that it has a stock drive in there? not flashed before?

Yeah I just bought it preowned last month, its never been modded that I know of, it has a liteon drive 0225 or soemthing like that.

Why is that a problem?

monty89

Oct 6, 2011

You've worried me now lol does this cause a problem?

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland

Yeah I just bought it preowned last month, its never been modded that I know of, it has a liteon drive 0225 or soemthing like that.

Why is that a problem?
YES.....that drive is factory locked - and cannot simply be flashed- you will (depending on the MT) need to pick the correct hack:
Winbond:
Option 1 - Replacement TX PCB
Option 2 - Kamikaze Hack

MXIC:
Option 2 - Sputnik Probe
Option 3 - Sputnik Switch

I'm aware we're Hijacking here - maybe start a new thread

monty89

Oct 6, 2011

YES.....that drive is factory locked - and cannot simply be flashed- you will (depending on the MT) need to pick the correct hack:
Winbond:
Option 2 - Kamikaze Hack

MXIC:
Option 2 - Sputnik Probe
Option 3 - Sputnik Switch

I'm aware we're Hijacking here - maybe start a new thread

OMG what!:(

Iv just spent £60 odd pound on a XBOX360 USB PRO Mega Bundle see here : http://www.ck3.co.uk/product.php?productid=239&cat=5&page=1 and spent money on a lite on dvd burner and bouth discs and yet I still cant flash my xbox 360 :(

There is an unloc kit in that bundle I purchased, visit the link and see if this is what I need to unlock or if this isint any use.

I hope I do not now need to buy a further thing to unlock the drive before I flash it , is there a easy STEP BY STEP GUIDE I can follow like the one on this guide?

P.S
Sorry for hijacking the thread we kinda got carried away but your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US

OMG what!:(

Iv just spent £60 odd pound on a XBOX360 USB PRO Mega Bundle and spent money on a lite on dvd burner and bouth discs and yet I still cant flash my xbox 360 :(

So I now need to buy a further thing to unlock the drive before I flash it? , is there a easy STEP BY STEP GUIDE I can follow like the one on this guide?

P.S
Sorry for hijacking the thread we kinda got carried away but your help is really appreciated.

Thanks
X360 is not a waste of money, It has many uses besides making it easy to flash a dvd drive, If you would've started a thread asking what to do and stating what equipment you had and what hardware you had you might've had better results, Google jungleflasher, Get the latest version and read the tutorial included (multiple times), It'll show you how to flash your drive and what is needed

Last edited:

monty89

Oct 6, 2011

X360 is not a waste of money, Has many uses besides making it easy to flash a dvd drive, If you would've started a thread asking what to do and stating what equipment you had and what hardware you had you might've had better results, Google jungleflasher, Get the latest version and read the tutorial included (multiple times), It'll show you how to flash your drive and what is needed

I purchased this which has an unlock device in it, see here: http://www.ck3.co.uk/product.php?productid=239&cat=5&page=1

Is this got the tools I need to unlock my 4gb xbox360 drive before I flash it?

Sorry to be a pai this is the only thing left I need to know.

If not can you point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks!

ejleusink

Noob Account
Nov 1, 2011

Helllo.

I am new on this forum.
I'm trying to flash de max burner firmware but when is click write flash, i get an error:facepalm:.

'' Error writing to FLASH drive ''

I searched the internet and can't find an answer :(
Hope someone here could help me.

Thanks already

Greetings

d34d85

Nov 2, 2011

ok i just bought the liteon ihas124B at xconsoles.com and when i got them i check the back it was manufactured august 2011 and when i check the model, version, fw on eeprom it already says ihas124 b ALOS 2011/08/11 10:09. do i still have to flash it?

Last edited: