How To Update and Use Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guide*

Romuald27

Dec 30, 2011
Re: How To Update Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD Writer to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guid

Hi,
I would like flash my iHAS124B iXtreme Burner MAX to Original Firmware.
I tried but that don't work, I think my OFW .bin file is bad. (8 ko)

Can you help me ?

Thank's ;)

xbox360mod

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Re: How To Update Liteon iHAS*24-B DVD Writer to iXtreme Burner Max FW *Official Guid

Hi,
I would like flash my iHAS124B iXtreme Burner MAX to Original Firmware.
I tried but that don't work, I think my OFW .bin file is bad. (8 ko)

Can you help me ?

Thank's ;)
its in the first part of this tutorial!!! i told you that in your other post!!

Romuald27

Dec 30, 2011

its in the first part of this tutorial!!! i told you that in your other post!!
Yeah but it's my second flash.
And when i pressed Read Flash, i get a file named "AL0S.bin"

When it was my first flash, i get a file named "ATAPI_iHAS124_B_AL0S".

Why ?

xbox360mod

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2010
Ontario,Canada

you are supposed to get ALOS.bin, that's the lastest firmware file for the iHAS burner

Reactions: Romuald27

Robbieboy

Sep 3, 2011

Thanks for the great!!! Tut mate worked first time........:)

Angell1028

Sep 15, 2011

Error writing flash to drive !!!!! Help me lol thanks

TudorBlue

Nov 24, 2010
Wirral, Merseyside

Ive just bought a Liteon iHas 124-19B. Ive still yet to install it on my pc but I have a noobish type question. Once Ive flashed it with the update, will I still be able to use it to burm other projects such as movies etc? Thanks in advance guys any help with this will be appreciated

dpcragg

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2010

yes it will still be the same use for any burning cd's,dvd's and now xgd3 wen flashed

Pyrii

Feb 8, 2004
Not over there.
Couple of questions, it seems only the 124 is available in stores but as far as I can see according to Lite-on's pages, the main differences between versions is buffer size and features. A larger buffer is probably better, but feature like LightScribe/LabelTag/SmartErase are also non-essential features, is there any real difference between versions apart from buffer size?

Secondly, how to tell if Vertabim Media is made in singapore or anywhere else? maybe I haven['t looked around enough but there seems to be no guide on where this info is. I no longer have the plastic packaging as I bought these discs years ago.
Code:
Physical Format Information (ADIP - L1):
Disc ID: MKM-003-00

Last edited:

hady184

Jul 10, 2012
What is ahci
and is ihas 122 work and if work which frim should I install

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

And also its B

Ello847

BANNED
Dec 19, 2012
Hello,

I am having trouble flashing my LITEON iHAS424-98 B I was wondering if you might be able to help.

When following this tutorial http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73745

I am stuck at number 3.

Every time i download the firmware by clicking where it says "the LiteON iHAS424-XX B (Download Stock Firmware – GL1A)". i run it, and then what happens is this.

No matched drive detected!
This utility is only for ATAPI iHAS424 B drive.

Detected drives:
1-1-0-0 E:TSSTcorpCDDVDW TS-L633M 0200
2-0-0-0 F:ATAPI iHAS424 B GL1B

[OK]

And the only thing to click is "ok" This tutorial says that it should say Yes or No. I am so lost as to what to do from here.

I have downloaded the following programs:
abgx360 GUI
imgburn
EEPROM Utility for PLDS Based Optical Drives v6.2.0
I have also downloaded the firmware at the top of the tutorial (link above).

WHAT AM I MISSING?!?! If somebody could reach out to me and maybe give me a private message explaining what I am doing wrong or not doing at all!

Thanks in advance

speedy101

Dec 19, 2012
i already have a ihas 124 B drive flashed to burn x360 games. my query nw is that if i want to use this drive on another computer than is it just plug & play or i need to flash again to burn games???