How to Update NAND-X Using A CK3i / CK3 Pro

afiser

Noob Account
Jul 7, 2005
Hey guys I just got a brand new CK3i and Nand-x and followed the tutorial exactly. I installed the CK3i drivers and connected the Nand-x to the CK3i with the official update cable, powered the CK3i with a spare molex and ran the usb from the CK3i to my comp. I then ran Flash Magic just like the tutorial said. Nothing went wrong, I had the right comm port and Flash Magic installed and verified everthing. However once I disconnect everything and plug the Nand-x in by itself it reads as MemoryAccess like it would if drivers weren't installed! I have tried re installing this way multiple times and it still doesn't register! I have no idea why the nand-x can't be updated! Any suggestions?
use these drivers for the nand-x after you updated it

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54372

afiser

Noob Account
Jul 7, 2005
What is wrong with V3 drivers that comes from NANDPRO v3 package at OP? I think that's supposed to be the compatible driver after flash with ArmV3.hex. Isnt it?
i tried installing them and it never worked.

those were the only driver's i could get to install.

I've read and wrote to my nand with those drivers and a nandpro v3 updated nand-x, so they do work.

Ubergeek

Noob Account
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

TIP

You can try a higher baud rate if you want to go much faster. 9600 is the flat standard but its slow - but you can go as high as 320000 and it will do it start to finish in seconds

---------- Post added at 02:25 ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 ----------

What is wrong with V3 drivers that comes from NANDPRO v3 package at OP? I think that's supposed to be the compatible driver after flash with ArmV3.hex. Isnt it?
They are not the NAND-X Drivers that we coded - so why are you even arguing the point - just use the drivers we tell you to use.

Some of you make this way more difficult than it actually is. if you followed the instructions and did less thinking you;d move forward much quicker than you are doing currently ;)

---------- Post added at 02:27 ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 ----------

oddly enough, that wasn't the case for me, for whatever reason it didn't light up until i plugged a usb into the nand-x. odd.
not odd at all - your USB simply doesn't have enough power - its a sh*tty connection and you should do something about that for future refernce

rogmorax

Noob Account
Oct 1, 2011
Brazil
Sorry, was just a doubt :redface: And also thanks :smile: to clarify that there is only one driver to be used, and this driver is NandPro 2.0 drivers even for Nand-X updated to V3.0 code. Hope it helps others thinkers :rolleyes2:

michiski

Noob Account
Aug 4, 2011
Germany
I get a "Failed on Autobaund" Error, testet it on 3 Notebooks and one Desktop everytime the same Problem don't know what i am doing wrong. Bought all Hardware from TX to Glitch 3 Boxes and get a little bit pissed of now.

Have a CK3Pro (old one) the tx cable to update nandx and a nandx.

coolshrimp

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2009
Canada
I get a "Failed on Autobaund" Error, testet it on 3 Notebooks and one Desktop everytime the same Problem don't know what i am doing wrong. Bought all Hardware from TX to Glitch 3 Boxes and get a little bit pissed of now.

Have a CK3Pro (old one) the tx cable to update nandx and a nandx.
did you put that wire on the back side andd set it to the 14.745MHz

MiniBUU

Noob Account
Sep 29, 2011
New Jersey
Updated my nandx to ArmV3 and now when I try to use NandPro3.0 I get "Looking for USB Device can not continue.." It worked just fine with NandPro 2.0.. Any ideas?

It is recognized in Device manager, even nandpro 2.0 recognizes but gives you a arm error. I just dont know why it doesnt go past looking for usb device.

michiski

Noob Account
Aug 4, 2011
Germany
did you put that wire on the back side andd set it to the 14.745MHz
I switch of/on 100 Times with 12MHZ and 14.745MHZ but on my NandX is a 12MHZ Querz I also switched my CK3 to different COMPorts but it doesn't helped.

No i didn't put the wire on my CK3 but i have no RevD, do i have to wire it also? Only CK3Pro with the USB->COM Switch is a RevD or am I wrong?

hitman357

Noob Account
Jan 2, 2003
I just updated mine, after I was getting the 'failed to autobaud' error- this is with a ck3 revD (yes, the extra wire is attached).
I ended up using 9600 and 14.745, got it to work by power-cycling the ck3 (not sure if it finally worked by hitting start just before power-cycling or just after, but it doesn't hurt to try both ways) to get it to connect, just like the original post said :)
one of those little steps that can be missed when going over the procedure lol.

GetBackers

Noob Account
Jun 13, 2010
Has anyone with an old CK3 Pro (non Rev D) successfully updated their nand-x? I've been reading through the posts and didn't see anyone say that they have successfully done it.

Perhaps the old CK3 Pro isn't compatible.

satans1978

Noob Account
Jan 25, 2010
hello all... i've been trying to update the code to arm.v.3 with the ck3 to nand cable with no success at all... I have 2 different ck3pros one non revD and one revD... i tried two diff pcs, two OS's (win 7 32bit, and 64bit) with the same results, i even re-installed windows just to see if i was having a configuration issue... I'm sorry to say it but i think that there is some kind of flaw in the design or some other problem that we are overlooking here.

satans1978

Noob Account
Jan 25, 2010
man what am i doing wrong ??... ok i was looking at the rev.D. re-wire cable and i think that pin 1 of the power plug on ck3pro is the bottom left-most wire. if you look carefully at the ck3pro the points are upside down on the other side of the board. can anyone who successfully did theirs post the re-wiring of revision d please

hackinc2000

Noob Account
Mar 27, 2006
PR
www.deloquesea.com
For All That are having the Failed autobaoud whit an old CK3 Pro, (NOT REV D ONE). Just Put the Cable Jumper like you put on The REV D. For Me It works like a charm!!!

Hope It helps anyone.

HooGLaNDeR-II

Noob Account
Jul 24, 2006
[email protected]
Has anyone with an old CK3 Pro (non Rev D) successfully updated their nand-x? I've been reading through the posts and didn't see anyone say that they have successfully done it.

Perhaps the old CK3 Pro isn't compatible.
I too have initially had the same error. I switched it off a few times and suddenly it worked like a charm.

ramaro125

Noob Account
Jun 11, 2010
san diego
hello i am having the same problem try ck3pro/ck3pro-d/ck3i no success turn the ck3i( side note the ck3i was assemble wrong the end plastic casing on the ck3i end was backwards the nand x was not turning on i switch cables to the same position and nandx on ) on off multiple times try different computer ueber any sugestions :mad2::facepalm: ps try the video from carolina gamer nothing also about side note try to email xecuter store down for maintenance

Support Our Sponsors